share rss forum feed

MadMANN3
Premium
join:2005-08-19
kudos:2
reply to NOCMan

Re: This is complete and utter BS

said by NOCMan:

Dont make me go back into that hell hole of a comcast forum and begin pulling your complaints. I'd never finish.

Every example you cited before are just examples of small mistakes and process problems. Comcast and for that matter most other ISP's have bigger issues.
Yeah and Comcast alone has 30 MILLION + customers. Fios has about 400 THOUSAND. I could have pulled more, but I've got a life, too.

My point is, is that every service has their problems. As FIOS grows in customer base numbers, so will their complaints. It's just the nature of the communications business in general.
Comcast is slow in the evening,
Fios can be slow too:

»[northeast] FIOS service lame in my area!!

customer support is hell and in India.
HaHA! You're kidding right? They are NOT in India! Their support is all in America. Just because some support people have an accent doesn't mean they are in a foreign country. As far as the actual support goes, see one of the links I posted about Verizon's tech support. Support problems can and will be an issue for ALL communications companies. Again, it's the nature.

Technicians like to use customer beds for sleep too.
There are bad apples in every bunch. They got caught and were fired. I personally saw a Verizon tech take a piss in someone's yard in broad daylight, too.
it goes out when it rains
That's not a nationwide issue. I could just as easily say that FIOS goes out when a squirrel chews on the fiber or when it storms, FIOS can go out when their backup power goes out.

With the rain issue, if it happens to several hundred or thousand people spread out all over the country, there are plant or drop issues that need fixed individually in those individual sytems. It's not a natural issue like it is with satellite TV service. I and hundreds of thousands of others experience not even a hiccup, just as the majority of FIOS customers haven't experienced any service problems.

I'm not bashing any service here. If you prefer FIOS over cable, that's fine. Or if you had issues that were not resolved by Comcast and you decided to switch, I don't blame you. All I am saying is that problems exist with ALL services. In the end, it's going to come down to price, reliability, and customer service no matter what kind of wire is feeding your house. If they could find a way to feed broadband to your house with a string between two tin cans, it wouldn't matter as long as it performed well.

As I have already stated, I think they are way ahead of themselves by saying that FIOS is doomed.

Dentonite

join:2006-07-17
Denton, TX

Well, now it appears Comcast is actively trying to exterminate it's customers in Chicago. Speed, service, and price are all important. But I think my biggest concern is to find a broadband provider that will just let me live. I'll stick with FiOS, thanks.

kyramilan

join:2006-11-26
Pensacola, FL

said by Dentonite:

Well, now it appears Comcast is actively trying to exterminate it's customers in Chicago. Speed, service, and price are all important. But I think my biggest concern is to find a broadband provider that will just let me live. I'll stick with FiOS, thanks.
No, Comcast just refuses to pay the Daleys graft to get Chicago to look the other way as the deploy new stuff.

MadMANN3
Premium
join:2005-08-19
kudos:2
reply to Dentonite

said by Dentonite:

But I think my biggest concern is to find a broadband provider that will just let me live. I'll stick with FiOS, thanks.
Can you elaborate on that?