Search similar:

uniqs

Cobra9777
Pain Is Just Weakness Leaving The Body
join:2002-09-28
Denton, TX

Cobra9777

FiOS fan, but...

I'm a FiOS customer and a big fan of the technology. I like Verizon's prospects for the future and agree with much of what's posted above with regard to short-sightedness.

However, I also believe that there will be exponential improvements in wireless broadband technology in the coming decade. I'm sure that some long-term investors see this as a competitive threat to FiOS because the deployment and maintenance costs per subscriber will be much lower, and people can take their service wherever they go.

I know... a lot of things need to happen before these wireless technologies pose a real threat. But we're talking about a timeframe of 10-15 years. And if wireless technology becomes a viable alternative before FiOS deployment is completed (to any meaningful degree), I'm not sure I would want to be a Verizon stockholder at that time.
Nuts65
join:2006-04-27
Forest, OH

Nuts65

Actually, I think that would help verizon. With their wireless network, they could offer a video, phone, internet, wireless cell/internet bundle that I don't think anyone could match.