Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Loker
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Fargo, ND

Guide not loading fully......

I just signed up for Comcast services again and had the install done today.....anyway both of my cable boxes (one is a 6412 PIII and the other is just the standard addressable converter) can only look 2-3 hours into the future on the program guide.....I left them plugged in for 4 hours and checked with no luck so I unplugged them both gave them 30 seconds and plugged them back in.....it is now 6 hours later and I can still only look 2-3 hours into the future on both boxes and it is honestly annoying.....anyone have any idea what might be going on?

haamster
Premium
join:2002-12-02
Monroe Township, NJ
It takes a full 12 to 24 hours for the guide to fully populate. You've got to be a little more patient.

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
said by haamster:

It takes a full 12 to 24 hours for the guide to fully populate. You've got to be a little more patient.
really? when I had service a few months back it took maybe 2 hours to have 3-4 days loaded.....and the comcast techs always said 4-6 hours.....well I will wait and see what happens tomorrow and post back then if I still have nothing......
--
"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic inQuake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

haamster
Premium
join:2002-12-02
Monroe Township, NJ

1 recommendation

It depends how fast the guide data is set to cycle and where in the cycle you catch it when you plug your box in. Normally the first day's worth of data is cycled every few hours and the full data is streamed every 12 hours, so if you hit it right, you could get the whole guide within a few minutes, or if you time it wrong, a full day.

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
said by haamster:

It depends how fast the guide data is set to cycle and where in the cycle you catch it when you plug your box in. Normally the first day's worth of data is cycled every few hours and the full data is streamed every 12 hours, so if you hit it right, you could get the whole guide within a few minutes, or if you time it wrong, a full day.
makes sense lol .....thanks
--
"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic inQuake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
reply to Loker
well the regular DCT did finally load but the DVR is still left with a bunch of TBA.....

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
reply to Loker
well it has been over 24 hours and the DVR is still only showing programming 2 hours in advance (the regular stb updated sometime last night)

Gurt me

join:2003-06-23
Normal, IL
That's not normal. You may need to switch the box for another one.

I'm sure the ads are working fine, huh?

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
reply to Loker
well I got tired of it so I forced the 6412 to update, and then ended up having to talk to 5 billion people at comcast before one was able to send the correct signals to remap the box (everyone else said oh I can send a signal to fix that....and all they did was send your standard hit.....)

Now my guide has loaded 4 and a half days in advance (which while I wish I had more....is what Comcast has always loaded in my area so it is in fact working now.)

The solution is a little beyond your average user (and a real headache to try and talk to all those people) but it beats having to wait for a service call!

ssetta

join:2003-09-17
Natick, MA
reply to Loker
I'm actually having a similar problem where the guide only completely fills up for one week. After that, it says TBA in a lot of places.

Loker
Premium
Fargo, ND
said by ssetta:

I'm actually having a similar problem where the guide only completely fills up for one week. After that, it says TBA in a lot of places.
mine has been like that for years.....I do not think we have ever got the full 2 weeks comcast claims....I gave up and am not really that bothered by it since I can just set series recordings and let the DVR do its thing.....
--