spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ciper
join:2004-10-14
San Mateo, CA

ciper

How can I tell which HD channels are included

The channel lineup tool available when viewing the different packages offered does not list the HD channels properly.

For example I want to find the lowest priced cable package that would include TNT HD. Currently I receive the HD locals plus ESPN/ESPN2/FSN/INHD and even those arent listed in any of the packages.

One option is "HDTV Channels **Channels vary by service level" but this is just a list of all possible HD channels in the area.

Thanks for your help

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

If you have HD in San Mateo, you get everything but the premium channels with the Standard package, I think.

719 - InHD
720 - InHD2
722 - Discovery HD
723 - ESPN HD
724 - ESPN2 HD
725 - HD-SE / NFL Network HD
726 - TNT HD
727 - Universal HD
728 - MTV HD
ciper
San Mateo, CA

2 edits

ciper

I dont get TNTHD Universal HD or MTV HD. When I tune to these channels I see "NOT AUTHORIZED"

Edit: Here is a list of my working HD channels
702 KTVUD
703 DKNTV
704 KROND
705 KPIXD
707 KGOHD
709 KQEDH
719 INHD
720 FSNHD
722 DHDTV
723 ESPND
724 ESPN2
725 HD-SE
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to ciper

Premium Member

to ciper
There are three (3) levels of HD programming from Comcast:

Locals - Comes with just having an HD box, Some systems they are int he clear for tv's with tuners capable of receiving them.

Basic HD - comes with the lowest form of Digital Service, digital classic in just about every system. ESPN, EPSN2, INHD1, MHD, TNT, NatGeo, Universal, Discovery HT, etc.

Premium HD - HBO, Show, Cmax, Stars, etc. Subscribe to the channel, you get the HD version included.

You don't have to 'subscribe' to the channels as packages with comcast unlike other cable companies.. they are packaged above and require a HD box for about $5 extra a month on top of any other charges or included equipment in most systems. (excludes the locals with proper customer owned equipment)

In YOUR case, you want digital classic and an HD box.$9.95 for Digital classic and $5 equipment rental. (most likely the case in San Mateo)
ciper
San Mateo, CA

ciper

Thanks FiberGuy. According to your list it seems that I'm receiving channels that I shouldn't? I currently have Enanced digital and pay the extra for the HD STB.