share rss forum feed

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV
kudos:7

The special area for uploading FAQ pictures

I was in the process of adding a picture to a FAQ. I asked Flippant See Profile for the location of the special area for uploading FAQ pictures as per this FAQ: »FAQ Owners' FAQ »How do I include a picture in my FAQ?, but the link he gave me shows only this:
</BODY></HTML>

Anyone have an idea of what the problem is that I can't see whatever is supposed to be there?

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
No idea, but it's not just you. I tried and got the same page....it used to work.

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
Reno, NV
OK, good. Something is broken and it isn't me.

So maybe no pictures have been added to any FAQs for a while?

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
It's been a while since I uploaded one, that's for sure.

Big_D
Premium
join:2003-06-02
Augusta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to d_l
Not sure what special link you are referring to, but I just use the upload box at the bottom of the edit FAQ page. Worked just the other day for me.
--
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
Reno, NV
Maybe that FAQ on how to post pictures I listed above is obsolete?

rjackson
Premium,VIP,MVM,Ex-Mod 2005-13
join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
kudos:1
reply to d_l
Click for full size
Hmm, the page works just fine for me.

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
Reno, NV
The FAQ works fine, but the special area for uploading pictures doesn't. I'll just try the image uploader that is now built into the FAQ edit button.

rjackson
Premium,VIP,MVM,Ex-Mod 2005-13
join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
Yeah, apparently I can't read

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
Reno, NV
reply to d_l
That particular FAQ on including images might need some other revisions as well. In addition to explaining that the image upload area has been moved to be included into the edit button, hints on how to use an image attached to the FAQ as well as how to handle the thumbnailed versions of the image in the FAQ would be handy.

I think from this info: "Any Images are shown here thumbnailed to 100 pixels wide. In the context of the FAQ they will be inline, and full size unless they are more than 600 pixels wide, in which case the thumb-nail will be shown (clickable to full size)." suggests that the thumbnail to full size image conversion is to be handled automatically after the image is added to the FAQ. I wasn't able get it to do that and had to add additional html code after I had found the link to the full sized image. Html code isn't my strong suit as I do it so rarely.

KeysCapt
FAQ Master
join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV

3 recommendations

reply to d_l
That FAQ entry has been completely revised to reflect the current process for uploading and displaying images in your FAQs.

Hope that makes it easier.

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
Reno, NV
Wow! Thanks! That is so much easier than what I ended up doing! It took a lot of trial-and-error in /dev/null, but I found a FAQ with some thumbnailed images and copied their source code, then for the image I had uploaded with the new upload method, I inserted its internal image address into that source code, and then I hammered on it and swore a lot until it worked.

This will be so simple the next time and I may revisit my work to revise it to this method. Your new image attachment explanation will make life much easier on everyone else.