uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sert Turk
Geo Rebel
Premium
join:2001-03-31
Fort Lauderdale, FL

[Outlook] How to import contacts from Quick Books

I have a customer database in QuickBooksCustomerManeger which I am trying to import to Outlook but it is not working. Is there a plug in or something for this?

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
what format is the database in? What happens when you try and import. Can you export to something, different format, tha Outlook understands (csv, xls etc)

Cudni
--
Some are born to failure, others achieve it, all deserve it.
Help yourself so God can help you.
MVP, Microsoft Windows Security 2006

Sert Turk
Geo Rebel
Premium
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There is no export option...I can import from Outlook but I want to do the opposite...

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to Sert Turk
so you can't export from quickbooks to any other format? Do you know what format does it use? Can you import it to some other application, database or spreadsheet? If you could then you could export it to a format that Outlook understands better.

Cudni
--
Some are born to failure, others achieve it, all deserve it.
Help yourself so God can help you.
MVP, Microsoft Windows Security 2006

efrem

join:2002-04-03
Westport, CT
I'm not sure if the original poster's version of QuickBooks has these specific features, but in QuickBooks Pro (2004), here is one way to do this.

1)Display the list or report you want to export.

2)Go to File.....Print....Print to File.....

3)Choose the appropriate file format and filename.

4,5,6)I'll leave the rest of the steps re any manipulating of the data, mapping of the fields, and then importing into Outlook, to another poster.

Historically I've used CSV files and Excel to tweak the data before performing the final import.

I hope that helps.

Sert Turk
Geo Rebel
Premium
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I will try...thanks!

Sert Turk
Geo Rebel
Premium
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit
I tried and from Customer Maneger, I can only print as a mdi file.

How about this, in Outlook 2003 I have 2000 emails from different people. Is there an easy way to import all the email addresses into "Contacts"?

I used to use Outlook Express it automatically saved the email address of the person as soon as I received an email. Outllok 2003is not doing that and there is no contacts saved in the contacts folder at all.