1 edit

geek

Premium Member

[info] It's Here! U-Verse

»U-Verse Hits Connecticut

Who's going to be our first guinea pig?

For my # in Danbury:
We're Sorry
U-verse is not yet available at the address you entered.
You can check to see if AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet is available at your address by selecting Check Availability.

Great

orion940
Attractive like a magnet
Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT

orion940

Premium Member

No thanks.

I've not seen smashing reviews on it. There was an article on BBR someplace a while back that people tried and switched back to cable. I'll wait for Version 2 perhaps.

O.

kdavidson
Hexpert
join:2001-11-09
Tolland, CT

kdavidson to geek

to geek
I'm dying to try it. I've been watching the news almost daily for the Connecticut announcement. We're in Tolland, which is often lumped with the Hartford market, so I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm not convinced their availability database is up to date, though. I checked numerous numbers in Hartford, West Hartford, East Hartford, Manchester, and South Windsor, some quite close to COs, and none came up with a hit.
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5

Premium Member

I checked 20 residential addresses (obtained from yahoo people search) in New Haven.

Not one came up as being available.

mrRT
join:2001-01-26

mrRT to kdavidson

to kdavidson
Unless your willing to experience all the aches and pains of a new technology, I don't think I'd jump just yet.

hmmmmmmmmmmm.....wondering how many of you remember what it was like here in the opening days...>>???

MrFixitCT
pay it forward

join:2000-12-01
Port Charlotte, FL

MrFixitCT

said by mrRT:

wondering how many of you remember what it was like here in the opening days...>>???
Don't remind me!!!
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to geek

Premium Member

to geek
said by geek:

»U-Verse Hits Connecticut

Who's going to be our first guinea pig?

For my # in Danbury:
We're Sorry
U-verse is not yet available at the address you entered.
You can check to see if AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet is available at your address by selecting Check Availability.

Great
Danbury will probally be one of the not so first deployment areas even though its one of the fastest growing cities in the state.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to geek

Premium Member

to geek
You are in better shape than me, I can't even find the link one visits to be told there is no service.
TAURUS0
join:2002-06-04
Danbury, CT

TAURUS0 to mrRT

to mrRT
"TTAM", returns to Danbury next month, oh the pain.....The northwest corner of the state has been great!

MrFixitCT
pay it forward

join:2000-12-01
Port Charlotte, FL

MrFixitCT

said by TAURUS0:

"TTAM", returns to Danbury next month
condolences pal!

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus to pandora

Mod

to pandora
said by pandora:

You are in better shape than me, I can't even find the link one visits to be told there is no service.
»uverse1.att.com/launchAM ··· ityCheck
TAURUS0
join:2002-06-04
Danbury, CT

TAURUS0 to MrFixitCT

to MrFixitCT
Hard to tell if its a "pat on the back" or a Kick in the A**"
Maybe mrRT will make a return also Certainly could use his knowledge again!

geek
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium Member
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT

geek

Premium Member

hmmm. Available in Danbury huh?

»news.newstimes.com/news/ ··· =1027014

laprjns
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
Ellington, CT

laprjns to mrRT

Premium Member

to mrRT
said by mrRT:

Unless your willing to experience all the aches and pains of a new technology, I don't think I'd jump just yet.

hmmmmmmmmmmm.....wondering how many of you remember what it was like here in the opening days...>>???
The real question is... Can MrFixit fix it?

mrRT
join:2001-01-26

mrRT to TAURUS0

to TAURUS0
OMFG...this is like deja-vu Greg. I mean we had soooo many problems, but we helped just as many customers. The customer appreciation was tremendous,, but their dismay that a once believable company (SNET..afterall we were still SNET to them) could roll out a product with so many issues was just disheartening.

I KNOW the same thing is going to happen here. I may not be in the pits right now, but my ear has never left the track.......and I know the messages I'm hearing

Glenn
I'D Rather Be Skiing
Premium Member
join:2000-10-05
Wallingford, CT

Glenn to MrFixitCT

Premium Member

to MrFixitCT
said by MrFixitCT:
said by mrRT:

wondering how many of you remember what it was like here in the opening days...>>???
Don't remind me!!!
I wonder if "Netplex" will offer a better TV service....then it will crap out in a year or two.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to geek

Premium Member

to geek
i remember i had Netplex dialup until they put a 6hr connection reset in effect. i had my modem on much longer then that during many Sessions of Everquest back in the day.
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5 to geek

Premium Member

to geek
said by geek:

hmmm. Available in Danbury huh?

»news.newstimes.com/news/ ··· =1027014
Interesting. It does appear to now be available in Danbury.
I just checked a couple of addresses I'm familiar with including a relatives up around clapboard Ridge Rd. area and it's coming up as now being available.

I think that one real benefit of this whether people even take the service or not is it's going to start putting some heat on Comcast, and that can only serve to be beneficial to their customers in these areas that are affected by this.

Hopefully, the Uverse service winds up being some good competition and presents a real choice for those who can now get both cable and this service.

I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews coming out of Ct. and some folks here in this forum.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to geek

Premium Member

to geek
doesnt show as up in danbury here and im right off Exit 8. then again AT&T doesnt appear to know their postal codes because they list my address as Danbury, 06801. 06801 is a Bethel zip.
asianboi2k
join:2002-12-29
Danbury

asianboi2k

not showing up at my address in Danbury, hopefully its cheaper than what dish network offers. Would love to get some good channels and internet for a descent price. Paying $20 for 3mbps and $55 for dish 120 channels.

ThirdShifter
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16
Wethersfield, CT

ThirdShifter to geek

Premium Member

to geek
Channel Line-up looks great. Its way cheaper than cable thats for sure.

I'll give it a try if was available.

soup du jour
I'm so bad... I should be in detention
Premium Member
join:2001-12-12
Danbury, CT

soup du jour to geek

Premium Member

to geek
its avaliable for me ... yea !

im looking all over the site, cant find a channel list for the packages, can someone enlighten me please.
chuwy
join:2004-03-08
Danbury, CT

chuwy

where in danbury do you live? i live over near the mall and still no dice according to the online locator

ThirdShifter
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16
Wethersfield, CT

ThirdShifter to soup du jour

Premium Member

to soup du jour
said by soup du jour:

its avaliable for me ... yea !

im looking all over the site, cant find a channel list for the packages, can someone enlighten me please.
»uma.sbc.com/assets/files ··· ford.pdf

soup du jour
I'm so bad... I should be in detention
Premium Member
join:2001-12-12
Danbury, CT

soup du jour to chuwy

Premium Member

to chuwy
said by chuwy:

where in danbury do you live? i live over near the mall and still no dice according to the online locator
same side - west terrace, parallel to lake ave (exit 4)
soup du jour

soup du jour to ThirdShifter

Premium Member

to ThirdShifter
many thanks!

MacChoser
join:2002-01-25
Newtown, CT

MacChoser

No YES Network, sorry U-Verse. Only reason I never switched to your DishNetwork. Wake UP.
MacChoser

MacChoser

said by MacChoser:

No YES Network, sorry U-Verse. Only reason I never switched to your DishNetwork. Wake UP.
»biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070 ··· ml?.v=87

I take that back, nice work U-Verse!!!!

geek
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium Member
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT

geek

Premium Member

How about MSG?

MacChoser
join:2002-01-25
Newtown, CT

MacChoser

MSG might be a tough one as it is owned by Cablevision. I am sure Dolan will play hardball.