uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sc0tt
Kneedragger
Premium
join:2000-11-13
Stockholm, NJ

prolog in NJ---serious problems

the service has been pretty damn slow lately, and not i can get to websites only intermittently. has anyone else been having problems for the past week or so? or did the squirrels chew my line up just enough to slow me down? LOL

damn i can't wait for Fios!!!!
--
need decals made? »home.ptd.net/~loehwing/

Rawraw420

join:2005-10-27
Stroudsburg, PA

how did this work out for you? i dont check this very often. I would run a ping -t and see if you get much packet loss. Of course do all the power cyceling ect. I'm in PA bnot NJ and with Service Electric so I haven't had any issues but that doesnt mean anything

odernia

join:2002-11-16
Wilkes Barre, PA
reply to Sc0tt

I'm in PA also and within the last 2 days the service has had alot of packetloss here now.

Rawraw420

join:2005-10-27
Stroudsburg, PA
reply to Sc0tt

have you tried anything to get rid of it? with the packet loss you just start at the modem and move backwards. take all cable off the modem and put that back on, including the coax. could just be a bad connection. if same thing then, go back to the first splitter and plug the modem in there. if the same thing go back until you are at the main cable. if you have loss there you need a tech to replace the outside line/fittings. If it works fine bypassing the splitter, there you go. It could also be a problem on the network itself but that is usually rare in my experience. Who do you get prolog through? Blueridge or service electric

Sc0tt
Kneedragger
Premium
join:2000-11-13
Stockholm, NJ

said by Rawraw420:

have you tried anything to get rid of it? with the packet loss you just start at the modem and move backwards. take all cable off the modem and put that back on, including the coax. could just be a bad connection. if same thing then, go back to the first splitter and plug the modem in there. if the same thing go back until you are at the main cable. if you have loss there you need a tech to replace the outside line/fittings. If it works fine bypassing the splitter, there you go. It could also be a problem on the network itself but that is usually rare in my experience. Who do you get prolog through? Blueridge or service electric
modem is installed on dedicated line directly from the pole. turns out the squirrels chewed the line up though LOL. time to take out the pellet gun. j/k