how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ESPN

join:2003-02-22
Allentown, PA

Lehigh Valley, PA FiOS Availability

Any word of FiOS in the Lehigh Valley? Perhaps this year?

fioshorsham pa

@verizon.net
»newscenter.verizon.com/press-rel···nia.html

if your area is served by commonwealth phone then no. philly area will explode this year

ESPN

Allentown, PA
No crappy Commonwealth here. In terms of Allentown - Easton - Bethlehem.

Are we looking 07 or 08?

mdesilets

join:2007-01-12
Bethlehem, PA
reply to ESPN
Coming in April or so I hear from the Verizon reps I work with. Its currently available in Kuhnsville so its getting really close.

Marty
Lehigh Valley Telecommunications
»telecom.elementmedia.us/

ESPN

Allentown, PA
Thanks mdesilets. Hopefully your reps are correct.

molina0331

join:2003-01-01
Emmaus, PA
reply to ESPN
A Verizon rep at Best Buy in
whitehall, pa told me that FIOS is being promoted so that people know about the product, and that the more people let them know they want it, the faster they install it.
She the rep said that it might be in allentown, pa within 6 months to 1 year.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ESPN
lehigh valley is verizon. im surprised verizon has not started there yet. lehigh valley has a ton of one way cable service from rcn and service electric in that area. the brite side is both rcn and service electric is upgrading this year. expect a lot of construction from them. the work has already started in the north and they will be working down to coppersburg

ProFiOSDude
Premium
join:2005-05-27
Chesapeake, VA
FiOS in Coppersburg....now that's ironic

PFD

davl

join:2006-01-28
Furlong, PA
Corning would be more appropriate-but that is in NY

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ESPN
so why exactly doesnt verizon do anything in the lehigh valley coppersburg and north. people would kill for it up there. some of copperburg still has one way from rcn and service electric. hell get outside of coppersburg in a one way service area and the picture is unwatchable on channels above 76. of course where service electric is two way they do a hell of a job. personally i think they have one of the best lineups in the usa.

Ryno
The Wanderer
Premium
join:2001-04-07
Danielsville, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·RCN CABLE
reply to ESPN
lol, totally depends where in the valley you are.

About 5 days ago a dsl tech told me I could be right when I asked him if it would be about 10 years for fios for me.

Don't forget, the valley is pretty big. What, a couple hundred square miles at least. Even if parts get it, most will not.

I agree with others though, I don't understand why we don't have it yet. RCN doesn't care about 1/2 its customers, and service doesn't seem much better from those I've talked to. Verizon could pick this place clean.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
reply to ESPN
according to verizon everyone will get it. coppersburg up to allentown and bethlem have a very big population per mile. im also sure they would cleanup up there. but maybe thats why rcn and service electric is upgading.

ike3

join:2000-10-23
Whitehall, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
·RCN (DSL)
reply to mdesilets
said by mdesilets:

Its currently available in Kuhnsville so its getting really close.
Dang! I use to live 1,100 "wire-feet" from that CO in Kuhnsville (had DSL out of that CO)... Moved to Whitehall a few years ago... hope they get here soon (getting tired of RCN ).

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
reply to ESPN
he is in bethlehem, do you really think its coming in april? you do know we are in march now.

ESPN

Allentown, PA
Im not sure if anyone notices but in Allentown if you look at some poles you will notice some cable loops. Im not sure if this is Verizon or the cableo's (RCN - SE) putting this up. Im thinking this is Verizon preppin but those loops have been up all winter.

eastonpa

@verizon.net
reply to rody_44
how can verizon compete with powerhouses like rcn and sectv

dodgetech2

join:2002-01-01
Gouldsboro, PA
said by eastonpa :

how can verizon compete with powerhouses like rcn and sectv
LOL

ProFiOSDude
Premium
join:2005-05-27
Chesapeake, VA
he said powermouses, right?

PFD

sennico

join:2006-05-19
Nazareth, PA
reply to ESPN
April is here and still no FIOS. I called verizon today and they were very noncomittal about Bethlehem. The rep told me to call weekly. Anyone else have anything more solid?

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
weekly lol. they should have said call next year sometime.

Goliath

join:2007-01-19
Easton, PA

Easton, PA FiOS Availability

anyword about Easton PA ? im tired of RCN's speed issues and im real interested in FiOS.. any info would be really apreciated.

18042 zipcode

ESPN

Allentown, PA
I havent seen anything yet on Verizon FiOS build out, however I do see cable loops on poles throughout Allentown but they have been there all winter.

ESPN

Allentown, PA
And the loops are still there....sigh