DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

HELP

I'm stuck. I got a Cisco 800 Series Modem, and there are a few details that are missing that Verizon didn't tell me. Here are what the setup program is asking me that I need:

- Switch Type
- 'Remote Phone Number'
- Username & Password
- Central Router
- WAN IP Address and Subnet Mask
- The two DNS Server Addresses

Can someone please give me help on where or how to find these because I'm really stuck.

ISDN_God
@embarqhsd.net

ISDN_God

Anon

- Switch Type - Call your phone company to find this out, or you could simply choose the option for auto detect my SPIDS. It will automatically detect your switch type and spids:

- 'Remote Phone Number- This is given to you from your ISP

- Username & Password - This is given to you from your ISP

- Central Router - Leave Blank

- WAN IP Address and Subnet Mask - From memory, I cannot remember for verbatim what the option is, but on the bottom of the screen, click the box that says something like MY ISP will assign these to me.

- The two DNS Server Addresses - Use these: 4.2.2.3 and 4.2.2.4

Hope this helps.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

GRRRR I've been running around Verizon phone support for an hour and have gotten nowhere! Where and when does the ISP provide this info!?!?!?

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

I hope that you are not still having problems. If so the first question I have for you is "are you using Verizon for your ISP or just your ISDN provider"? The only info you need from Verizon if they are just supplying your ISDN line are the SPIDS which are your phone numbers with a little added on the end (I think mine adds 0101 with AT&T). All of the other info comes from your ISP which can be anyone just like it could with dialup. In fact you still basically have dialup only now you are dialing up on a digital ISDN line instead of an analog POTS line.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

This problem is solved, I just had to get an ISP.