spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Craig8
join:2006-01-22
Lexington Park, MD

Craig8

Higher Speeds Tonight!

About 1800. Highest peak time speeds I have seen in a long time. Not as much lag either, which has always been a problem with Metrocast.

N3CAL
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Mines a bit better too at 9:10 PM it was:

It's still not where it should be yet.......

Cal

Shawn D
@verizon.net

Shawn D

Anon

LOl welp got a call yesterday around 3pmish from Leo saying as of 2:30ish am on Tuesday Morning they fixed the problem. Any Problems to call back and let them know if it still isnt fixed.

Checked it when i got home around 6ish and it was ruinning better around the same speeds as you just showed Cal. Then i tried around 7:30ish and man o man back down to around 1mbp again better but still not good so i called him like he told me to do and left him a message telling him it was still slow.

So around 11:30ish looked like it was running up to Par at the 5.6bps which is finnaly the speeds i am paying for.

Checked this moring and it was still running strong ....soooo i guess ill see when i get home and ill post my results and ill even try to post that cool speed thing from the speed test site.

Shawn

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784 to Craig8

to Craig8
Craig, Shawn,

Can I get your guy's HFC MAC address? I would like to check something out real quick. Just send them to me in a PM.

I noticed Leo made that change Tuesday early AM, and it appears another change was made this morning, but I am unsure of what, wondering if that will help Lexington Park, but I just want to verify.

John

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

1 edit

N3CAL to Shawn D

Premium Member

to Shawn D
I just got home from work and here is what I'm getting (Tuesday@ 3:30PM): Big Smile

Cal
N3CAL

N3CAL

Premium Member

Another test at 6:10 PM

Cal
sed7379
join:2007-01-16
Lexington Park, MD

sed7379

LOL For some reason at the times when we made need it most LOL like when we get home from work at around 5-8 or so speeds are now in the almost 4mpbs range hmmmmmmm dI dont get it ,..and left leo a message yesterday and still havent heard back from him. Got to love that good customer service i tell ya.

On a positive not i talked to i think her name is Vicki and was able to get a credit for the 2 weeks of shi-crappy service but lol im going to call back and make sure thats happening...LOL....

and Tenpin784,,,,,whats is the HFC MAC address?

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784 to Craig8

to Craig8
MAC address of your modem.

Usually found on a sticker on the bottom of the modem, labeled with HFC MAC:

12 digits, hexadecimal.

There will probably be multiple strings on the sticker, but the only one that matters is the HFC (which are used to provision modems and lookup accounts, etc).

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

1 edit

N3CAL to Craig8

Premium Member

to Craig8
Download Speeds are better but the lag has gotten worse since Tuesday??

On Tuesday pages were comming up super fast but today it takes between 10-20 seconds before a page even starts to load. Speedtests however show speeds in the 4000-5000 range.

Cal
Craig8
Lexington Park, MD

Craig8

Been gone a few days. I ran a line quality test on the 16th, but I accidently deleted it. 264ms latency!

tenpin, do you still want/need my mac address?
Craig8

Craig8

This is probably as good as it is going to get, for me.

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784 to Craig8

to Craig8
i dont need it now, DSLR told me your IP when you sent that email, so I just went by that.

I was looking to see how much Lexington park was spread out on the router, but apparently, it is not enough. While a lot of the congestion was allievated, there is apparently some left since you guys are still getting bad speeds at peak times.

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL to Craig8

Premium Member

to Craig8
Saturday 10:00 AM Speeds are down:

Cal
Craig8
Lexington Park, MD

Craig8

Yep.

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Saturday at 1:00 PM

Cal
Craig8
Lexington Park, MD

Craig8

WTF? I've been booted offline, but someone has an unsecured router that I'm using right now. They seem to be doing OK. Metrocast is weird.

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Sunday @ 3:00 AM

Cal
Craig8
Lexington Park, MD

Craig8