whocares0
Premium Member
join:2003-07-26

whocares0 to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru

Re: Question on USPS tracking number

Subaru, plz ck your IM,
i also put the # in you sent me,& its to many #'s for USP or fedEx,if your waiting on this package contact shipper,& ask how it is being sent,
sorry i can't help you with more information, "Jazzy"

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

haha go figure... I went to paypal and paypal had a link to the USPS tracking and it had the correct set of numbers.
whocares0
Premium Member

2 edits

whocares0

Premium Member

said by Subaru:

haha go figure... I went to paypal and paypal had a link to the USPS tracking and it had the correct set of numbers.
==================================================
OH OK NOW UNDERSTAND, that tracking number is a PAYPAL tracking number,(not a USPS tracking number), you will have to contact paypal & ask them to give you the 20 number USPS -the actual tracking number for USPS, not they're own tracking number, "jazzy"

zoom314
join:2005-11-21
Yermo, CA

3 edits

zoom314 to Subaru

to Subaru
said by Subaru:

yeah they only update it when it gets to one hub to the other.

FedEx is pretty good (its been awhile since I saw this) but sometimes as soon as your package is delivered SOMETIMES within 5 Min it will show as delivered.
Actually would You believe this? I had a package misdelivered by FedEx, the package was labeled for A35 on the box, Tracking said the carrier(Driver) delivered It with a note on the Door(I couldn't see It as I drove past with the High beams on or even on My front door at A35), It was delivered to an empty manufactured house at A11 where I used to live and It stayed there out in the weather for almost 10 days before the manager discovered It as He was showing A11 to a New Renter(I own A35), The FedEx Driver screwed up. UPS takes boxes to the Managers office If nobody is home, FedEx could do that too, Will they? nope, Not likely. I have to keep an eye on stuff being Delivered out here to Yermo by FedEx. UPS, USPS & DHL all know enough not to get lost.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

I had UPS deliver to the wrong building twice.. I called after I saw the tacking said no one was home, I called and asked for them to redeliver.. same crap happened.. turns out he went to building 24 or something like that instead of building 23.. I found the Infonotice on the other building's door.

I've heard if drivers do bad they send them on crappy routes?
whocares0
Premium Member

whocares0

Premium Member

I wpuld definately complain on the ups website or call usp, & also complain to the shipper, that way shipper may take action to avoid same thing again. take care ok,?,,,,,ok.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Oh yes I called up and they spoke to his Supervisor at least thats that happened when I called.

I also told them I will pick it up myself the next day.. I walked in UPS at 8:01AM as soon as the front doors opened.

and just to let you know I had to wait 10 extra min to get my package.

djlloyd
Premium Member
join:2002-12-18
Goose Creek, SC

1 recommendation

djlloyd to tkdslr

Premium Member

to tkdslr
said by tkdslr:
said by Subaru:

I've have two shipped items (email sent to me) with the tracking numbers and they both say "There is no record of this item." But most tracking numbers says something like it lets them know that it's going to be picked up.

and one of my tracking numbers seems to be a bit too long while the other is shorter.
The printers used by US Post Office are unable to print out O's different from zero's (0). The leading digits you think are zero's are really O's.

That is just NOT true, the post office has different length numbers for different services and none of them have the letter "O" preceding numerical annotation.

International is prefixed and suffixed with a letter code like LC xxx xxx xxx US for Global Priority or EV xxx xxx xxx US for International Express. Then there are 20 digit all numeric for CERTIFIED MAIL and 30 digit all numerical for DELIVERY CONFORMATION. Remember, you cannot use delivery conformation for standard first class, one uses CERTIFIED mail for that. Priority Mail uses the 30 digit number for conformation.

ALSO, there are many times the number, especially if you are using first class Certified mail that the number will NOT show valid until it is scanned at delivery.

I do not work for the USPS but I am a merchant that believes the Post Office is doing a better job than the UPS after they became GD Teamsters!

I send hundreds of items and this is what I know from experience with the service provided by the Post Office.

I might also add the POST OFFICE is doing no damage to my parcels as where UPS just plain SUCKS, they tear up packages all the time and I have pictures and claims.

I have to applaud the US Post Office, the employees at the counter are slow as hell but there is no motivation to work for a living, it is like being a government employee. However, they really have a great record and the improved international service is due to their contract with FEDEX.

I have to hand it to the US Mail System they have made a change for the better.

Sorry to rant but accuracy is just plain necessary.

iMiKE23
join:2003-01-26
Los Angeles, CA

iMiKE23 to aguynamedavi

to aguynamedavi
said by aguynamedavi:

Also USPS will not deliver it unless someone is there to receive the package or your mailbox is big enough for the packages
Negative. Unless the package has specific instructions i.e. signature confirmation, insured, registered, certified and so forth you can leave the parcel in the front of the door. Also if I feel the parcel is not secure to leave in the residence, I usually take it with me and leave the customer a notice.
whocares0
Premium Member

whocares0

Premium Member

djlloyd
sorry to have to counterdic you on 2 items you mentioned,, but i also send letters & $$$ either certified or CONFIRM delivery & I have yet to see the USPS scan an item only at delivery, it the (item ) is usually scanned (1st time & number entered into the tracking computer)when the letter / package ect goes from your local post office to the main downtown post office, normally takes about 24 hrs after you mailed at local office.

2nd you mentioned,
I have to applaud the US Post Office, the employees at the counter are slow as hell but there is no motivation to work for a living, it is like being a government employee..

I've gone into the post office here & maybe 20 + pple in line with only 1 or 2 counter pple,and everyone in line
so worried or SCARED or have the attitude of I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS slow serviceor think to themselves "'what will people think of me if i complain.

hey I am disabled,but I DON'T WORRY about what people think and sure not scared to complain,I'll get out of line knock or bang on managers door, when it is answered,
and tell them, (manager or supervisor,)Please these people are busting their butts trying to wait on everyone, but as you can see pple are comming in faster then the counter pple can handle, could you get someone help up here to help them i may get some .P.O. looks from manager or supervisor, but most pple will smile (in line) and within a few minutes you have 1-2-3 extra pple working the counter.
"Jazzy"

YOU DON'T HAVE TO take or put up with slow,rotten service, by any company or employee, [b]YOU are the customer, you treat them with respect & complain right, then you'll get the respect back & problem solved, it not take business somewhere else.

myartymyk
Premium Member
join:2004-05-20
Macungie, PA

myartymyk to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
I'm actually a Postmaster so I have some first hand knowledge about this. If you PM me the number, I'll check, but you may only have Delivery Confirmation number, which obviously would only report that it has been delivered.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

wow how in the hell did a package from CA beat a package from MI????
Subaru

Subaru to myartymyk

Premium Member

to myartymyk
said by myartymyk:

I'm actually a Postmaster so I have some first hand knowledge about this. If you PM me the number, I'll check, but you may only have Delivery Confirmation number, which obviously would only report that it has been delivered.
thanks the issue has been taken care of now but it seems like it was the sellers issue with the number.