Maccawolf
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

Maccawolf to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru

Re: Question on USPS tracking number

OT: Although the OP is asking about USPS, I just want to point out to everyone that UPS is just as useless. The only info the website will give you is ETA. WHile it's on a train going from one side of the country to the other, NOTHING is updated....
I know, I used to work for them, and I couldn't even get more info on MY OWN packages.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by Maccawolf:

OT: Although the OP is asking about USPS, I just want to point out to everyone that UPS is just as useless. The only info the website will give you is ETA. WHile it's on a train going from one side of the country to the other, NOTHING is updated....
I know, I used to work for them, and I couldn't even get more info on MY OWN packages.
yeah they only update it when it gets to one hub to the other.

Fedex is pretty good (its been awhile since I saw this) but sometimes as soon as your package is delivered SOMETIMES within 5 Min it will show as delivered.

UPS is ok.. I have 3 packages coming via USPS and one from UPS.

zoom314
join:2005-11-21
Yermo, CA

3 edits

zoom314

said by Subaru:

yeah they only update it when it gets to one hub to the other.

FedEx is pretty good (its been awhile since I saw this) but sometimes as soon as your package is delivered SOMETIMES within 5 Min it will show as delivered.
Actually would You believe this? I had a package misdelivered by FedEx, the package was labeled for A35 on the box, Tracking said the carrier(Driver) delivered It with a note on the Door(I couldn't see It as I drove past with the High beams on or even on My front door at A35), It was delivered to an empty manufactured house at A11 where I used to live and It stayed there out in the weather for almost 10 days before the manager discovered It as He was showing A11 to a New Renter(I own A35), The FedEx Driver screwed up. UPS takes boxes to the Managers office If nobody is home, FedEx could do that too, Will they? nope, Not likely. I have to keep an eye on stuff being Delivered out here to Yermo by FedEx. UPS, USPS & DHL all know enough not to get lost.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

I had UPS deliver to the wrong building twice.. I called after I saw the tacking said no one was home, I called and asked for them to redeliver.. same crap happened.. turns out he went to building 24 or something like that instead of building 23.. I found the Infonotice on the other building's door.

I've heard if drivers do bad they send them on crappy routes?
whocares0
Premium Member
join:2003-07-26

whocares0

Premium Member

I wpuld definately complain on the ups website or call usp, & also complain to the shipper, that way shipper may take action to avoid same thing again. take care ok,?,,,,,ok.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Oh yes I called up and they spoke to his Supervisor at least thats that happened when I called.

I also told them I will pick it up myself the next day.. I walked in UPS at 8:01AM as soon as the front doors opened.

and just to let you know I had to wait 10 extra min to get my package.