Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Craig, Yes, this really sucks!

Cal
N3CAL

N3CAL

Premium Member

Still waiting for Metrocast to fix! Metrocast can we have an update please???

Here is current speeds as of 5:00 PM Tuesday (Feb 6, 2007):

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Yeah, how about an update? I already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because they would only give me half off of my bill for January, and the speeds have been AWFUL for at least four weeks:
Feb. 6, Cedar Cove, 5:30PM

N3CAL
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Lexington Park, MD

2 edits

N3CAL

Premium Member

I received a call from Metrocast's St. Mary's office today. They wanted to know how my slow speeds were doing? WTF? They are going to send another Tech out to house tomorrow! Can you beleive that?!? I even told them I have been talking to Leo for the past two weeks and coming out here to the house will not fix the problem! But they will be here. The girl who called me didn't have a clue!

Tenpin784: Can you beleive this stuff? I get the impression "the lights are on but nobodys home" at Metrocast. Any comment?

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

The lights are definitely out, as one hand at Metrocast has no idea what the other hand is doing. One would think that something as simple as having a "Members Area" on their main website to list problem areas, situations being ironed out, etc. wouldn't be so difficult.

Most customers are good people and will be patient when they have information. When even the people that work for Metrocast have NO IDEA what's going on, they've got more problems than just our CRAPPY, NONEXISTENT download speed. They better hope they have no competition in this area anytime soon or they will be in for a rude awakening...
Anon1

Anon1

Anon

Cedar Cove, 11PM Tuesday Feb. 6

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Metrocast came to the house today. LOL. My signal levels are still great! LOL. I tried to contact Leo but got his voice mail. I left a message requesting an update this morning. I also asked why they needed to send out a tech again? LOL. I doubt he will return my call.

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Cal, do you mean the problem could actually be at THEIR end? Noooooooooooooo.... (insert sarcasm)...
Anon1

Anon1

Anon

Cedar Cove, 11:55PM Wed. Feb. 7
Anon1

Anon1

Anon

Cedar Cove, Thurs. Feb. 8, 5PM

WOW--download and upload speed are close to the same! What great service! (sarcasm)

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Above 10% of advertised speed! LOL (sarcasm)
N3CAL

N3CAL

Premium Member

8:45 PM Thursday Night:

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

This is getting ridiculous...
Cedar Cove 11:15PM Thursday Feb. 8:

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Well Leo never returned my calls so I talked to a supervisor up in PA. Now they say the problem should be fixed by next Tuesday (Feb 13th)! LOL

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

I'm trying to be patient, but I might as well have dialup at this point...

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Cedar Cove, Sat. Feb. 10, 1:20PM:

Guess they should switch their name to "Metrocast Really Slow DSL"...

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

If only Verizon DSL was available here! I would drop this nightmare in a heartbeat! 700k DSl beats this crappy service hands down!

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Upload faster than download? Are you kidding me?

Wow, this blazing speed is blowing me right off the sofa...

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Metrocast has said today is the last day we will have to endure these aw full speeds. Tomorrow is a new day and the speeds we have so long for will arrive! Yes!

Wait a minute, I was dreaming. LOL

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about--Woo Hoo!!!
DickyDck8
join:2007-02-12
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
Hello, I'm new to the lex park area, and I'm paying for the next to highest speed service, highest being the extreme gamer package, and I'm getting garbage downloads. based on what I'm seeing, I'm not the only one.

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Welcome DickDck! Welcome to Lexington Park! From the looks of your speedtest you are probably on one of the overloaded nodes. We've been hoping these issues get fixed this week!

I hope Metrocast reads this news bit and gets the hint:

»FTC to Crack Down on ISP Speed Promises?

Their days could be numbered if they don't get their equipment updated to handle the customer base! hint hint Metrocast!

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

It seems like they've got the Cedar Cove area on a new node today, so hopefully you guys will be next!
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
Thanks for the welcome, since I'm one of those types that just push buttons and hope it works right, I'm not sure what A node is but based on what I am reading, it sounds like something similiar to a big router for us the subscribers. In any case I don't really care what it is, as long as they get it fixed I have done the online chat with Metrocast, and they did not mention anything about multiple complaints in this area about the ridiculous slow speed, but then again, I guess they wouldn't volunteer that info to me. Here is my latest attempt.

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

The cable system is divided into nodes. Nodes service a paticular area and can handle only so much traffic or number of customers.

In most cable systems, there is fiber optic cable running from the cable company to a large box somewhere in that node. Inside that box there is a media converter which converts the signal from optical (light)to RF (radio frequency).

Then, hardline (very thick 1 inch cable) runs up and down the street, with line extenders (big amplifiers) every couple of hundred of feet. Taps are installed where necessary, and from there it's regular coax cable running to your home.

This is how cable companies usually manage bandwidth and saturation. If a node becomes too busy, they will split it into separate nodes (with separate fiber lines running to each node).

Metrocast has already told me that the node servicing our subdivision (Greenbrier) and also Cedar Cove area is overloaded. According to Metrocast a typical node should have about 200-250 customers but our node has over 500 customers on it. The result is that during daylight and evening hours the bandwidth is saturated hence the piss poor speeds. The only time I see good speeds is around 3-6 AM.

Metrocast has stated they were splitting up these nodes however I havent seen any improvment yet! The date keeps sliding to the right.

After alot of phone calls and emails Metrocast has reduced my Jan and Feb bills by $25.00 each.

I suspect Cedar Cove may be resolved??? However there is no indication that Greenbrier has been split??

Cal
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
if it is any consoloation to you, nobody living in/on/or around Pegg road is getting any satsifaction either

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Yeah, it seems like here in Cedar Cove speeds have gone back to what they were right after the speed increase on Jan. 1st. I'll try another speed test later this evening when most people are on and see what I get and will post the info.
Anon1

Anon1

Anon

I guess the high speed this afternoon was a FLUKE:

Cedar Cove, Monday Feb. 12, 8:23PM

« MLB Free PreviewMaintenance Window »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · next