« MLB Free PreviewMaintenance Window »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · next
DickyDck8
join:2007-02-12
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL

Re: Speed Issues Still Remain

9:40 PM, I'm back from V-Day Dinner in Baltimore, here is the verdict...

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Cedar Cove, Feb. 14, 10:45PM

HALF advertised speed???
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL

lol, half is better than what I am getting, about 8%

N3CAL
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

7:30 PM on Thursday:

How is everyone else doing? Anyone try calling Metrocast for an update? I'm curious what they have to say?

Cal
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
I have called maybe 4-5 times, and I keep getting "I'm not sure what is wrong" and "everything should have been resolved on the 13th" which based on my results.... aren't making making feel any better

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

I called today and was told they were still working on the issue??

Cal
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
not to sound sexist, but are you talking to men or women? They could just be telling me stuff to keep me "in the dark". Since you have spoken to the tech guys they probably have you on some red alert when you give them your name with a flashing "Do NOT BS this guy"
DickyDck8

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL

here are the latest...

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

1 edit

N3CAL

Premium Member

Actually, the head tech guy with all the answers does not answer my calls or return my messages . For that matter the St. Mary's office hasn't been answering the phone so all calls get routed up to Pa. I spoke with the same lady I talked with last week. She's the one that said the magic day was this past Tuesday. After talking with her from work today , I returned home to find a message on the answering machine saying they were still working the problems in my area. This really sucks!

Cal
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
every now and again I call and get put on the neverending hold loop, there is a recording that states "We are currently experiencing outages/difficulties in the following areas..." or something to that effect. And usually the Hollywood/Lex Park area is in that recording. So I will say whatever they did helped somewhat, so they just need to do more of whatver it was.

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

This is getting pathetic...

Cedar Cove, 9:55PM Thursday Feb. 15th:

DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
pathetic??? Are you seeing mine

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Pathetic as to what I'm paying for. Yours is worse than pathetic... it's BEYOND pathetic...
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8

your telling me, my outlook times out trying to get my email
DickyDck8

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
I have been researching other options, so far the only 2 options are: Dial-up, and Satellite, which as far as I can see is a max of 1000kbs DL, and costs a hell of a lot more. Guess I'm stuck with this crap.

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Therein lies the problem. There's no reason for Metrocast to have top quality service because they have no competition. You would see a huge difference if they weren't the only players in the game.
Craig8
join:2006-01-22
Lexington Park, MD

Craig8

Strangely enough only the people on the Lexington Park and Pax River CO's cannot get DSL. Everywhere else in SoMD can. Also stangely enough, the only people with really screwed up cable internet are in Lexington Park it seems. Anon1 is right with his no competition remark.

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Just curious why haven't you guys written a review for Metrocast yet? I seem to be the only one who has written one??

Cal
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
I would write a review on them, but I really see no point. It makes sense, Metrocast has no competition, so they are not in the habit of making a strong effort to get it right, and it wouldn't make too much of a difference to newcomers to the area, it's they're only choice. If I thought it might actually make a difference in someones chossing metrocast, or perhaps, if anyone on Metrocasts staff were reading the forums/reviews, and see how pissed off some ppl are, I might write a review. Hell, I'll write one anyway tonight when I get home from work.

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

I figured posted on here would be useless, but I did file a complaint two weeks ago with the Better Business Bureau. I figure I'll get some action that way...

Cedar Cove, Fri. Feb. 16, 8:17PM

When I did a speed test, it also said "Warning: there is evidence that this ISP is using upload compression". Not exactly sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good...

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint last spring. As you can see Metrocast hasn't changed much since then. You can read my review and see the timeline of problems from last year.

I will say Metrocast did do the right thing this time and knocked off $25 from my bill for both Jan and Feb. That's all you could expect out of the BBB.

Cal

DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL
just wondering, did you call and file or did you do it online? I hate talking to ppl, hence my need for internet

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

You can do it online. Here is a link: »www.dc.bbb.org/report.ht ··· 25007121

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Speed still sucks.

Cedar Cove, Sat. Feb. 17, 11:45AM:

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Cedar Cove, Sat. Feb. 17th, 10:15PM

DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8 to N3CAL

to N3CAL

you guys are complaining... lol... be happy, you could be where I am at

N3CAL
Premium Member
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL

Premium Member

Looks like I'm pretty close to where your at
Misery enjoys company is what they say! Sunday at 4:40 PM:

Cal

Anon1
@metrocast.net

Anon1

Anon

Cedar Cove, Sunday Feb. 18th, 7:20PM:

I shouldn't complain, but it's not the speed I'm paying for...ok, so I'm complaining...
DickyDck8
Temple Hills, MD

DickyDck8

no, by all means complain, we must revolt!!! we are all paying for the 6mb service I think and we are all getting screwed. I am trying that Ping chart thing Cal, but I need some help setting it up, I am usuing a Dynamic Ip, where do I insert the IP address?

Couldn't do this again is I tried
« MLB Free PreviewMaintenance Window »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · next