Staten Island, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Charliebrown

Re: Spotlight On! [Tag your it]

said by Charliebrown:

said by TigerNutz:

the cat must be napping............
Gone into hiding
I think he's shy someone go throw him a ball of yarn to entice him out.

TigerNutz
Laissez les bons temps rouler
Premium
join:2000-12-23
Little Rock, AR
said by Cariad:

said by Charliebrown:

said by TigerNutz:

Gone into hiding
isn't the cat a moderator? and don't they like, keep an eye on the forums?

Premium
join:2002-11-20
reply to Cariad
said by Cariad:

said by Charliebrown:

said by TigerNutz:

Gone into hiding
I bet you 2 trillion dollars he is going to post the photo of him sitting in a chair with only the back of his head visible.
--
A sophisticated rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity.

ErthBndAngel
Premium
join:2006-04-25
Manchester, CT
reply to waynegilbert
Wayne great idea. I'm loving this and have neglected my studies more then once to find sit and read this thread.
--
I am a contradiction in terms. Good luck.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

13 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Click for full size

rdavs
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Tucson, AZ
kudos:4
Looks like ET's fingers bearded one!

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
Hoboken, NJ
Those are an example of the highly overdeveloped 'modding fingers'.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
said by tmpchaos:

Those are an example of the highly overdeveloped 'modding fingers'.

Left handed at that . . . . .

--
. . . relegated to the back waters of the internet . . .

TigerNutz
Premium
Little Rock, AR
reply to tmpchaos
wow........tmpchaos.... reminds of a trip I did had back in '79.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

1 edit

6 recommendations

reply to TigerNutz
Click for full size
SONY DSC-H5
21mm 1/500th F5 ISO125

said by TigerNutz:

isn't the cat a moderator? and don't they like, keep an eye on the forums?
Yes, but they're people first. This one likes to peek out behind "the hand" which is what one must talk to. Watch out for that hand lest it spank one's backside!

And, since everyone wants to see my image, and since I am not shy at all, here I am in all my glory with a huge smile and my favorite thing in my hands, not something that can be mentioned though.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
Hoboken, NJ
Ooooooohhhhh... that special 'remove black spot' filter does work!

TigerNutz
Premium
Little Rock, AR
reply to jaykaykay
you really need to clean that mirror JKK

ChrisJack
Premium
join:2006-03-31
Eglin Afb, FL
reply to jaykaykay
said by jaykaykay:

And, since everyone wants to see my image, and since I am not shy at all, here I am in all my glory with a huge smile and my favorite thing in my hands, not something that can be mentioned though.
Nice picture JKK. Your hand belies your age. I think you need to clean your lens though as there appears to be a blob blocking your face.

~~Chris
--
Shit Happens! It's what you do afterwards that counts!

Catman
Coasting On Lifes Highway
Premium
join:2003-03-13
Pineville, WV

1 recommendation

reply to tmpchaos
Click for full size
SONY DSC-H5
21mm 1/500th F5 ISO125

said by tmpchaos:

Ooooooohhhhh... that special 'remove black spot' filter does work!
Doesnt it though?......

benecewicz
Premium
join:2005-04-08
Parkville, MD
reply to jaykaykay
You're the bad guy from the Saw movies??

"I want to play a game..."

Mospaw
My socks don't match.
Hawaiian Jellyfish
join:2001-01-08
Mile High
kudos:1

23 recommendations

reply to tmpchaos
I've been tagged!

The photo above was taken in October 2006 while in Hawaii on vacation. I have beer (beer - good!), a loud shirt, and a tan. It doesn’t get much better than that. The best part of that photo isn’t in the photo, but who is behind the camera: my lovely and shy wife.

As you probably know, I am Chris Mospaw. I was born 37 years ago in Rochester, NY, but we soon moved to Buffalo, where I grew up. OK, I grew up in Amherst mostly. I had a fairly normal childhood, and was always fascinated by photography and movies. I never really had a decent camera, and don’t have any photos or films I took back then.

When I was 19, after a bit of college, I moved to Central Florida and spent a few years in Winter Haven (where my father lives) until moving to Orlando in 1998. I met a lovely young lady in 1999 who is now my wife. We got married in Las Vegas in 2001 and both liked the place. A few hurricanes came through Orlando in 2004, which was kind of the last straw for wanting to move. About a year later, in August 2005, we moved to Vegas.

I am currently a senior web developer for a company in Napa, CA (I telecommute), and do a little bit of side work as well. I have made my living primarily as a computer jockey of some sort, but have had other interesting jobs such as stock boy, insurance indexer (kind of a night auditor), magazine editor, writer, graphic artist, print designer, used car salesman, used car lot manager, newspaper production manager, typesetter, trainer, tech support guy, system administrator, web developer, and a few I’m probably forgetting for good reason.

My school got a computer when I was in 5th grade and I was blown away by what this box hooked to a TV could do. I had found my passion. I got my first computer, a rather useless Commodore VIC20 for Christmas that year. From that day forward, I have always had a computer, and have always been a computer nerd with an eye toward creativity. I produced a 3-column typeset newsletter for a local users group in 1985 - on a Commodore 64 and 9-pin printer. Sometime in high school I switched to Amigas and then to PCs in the mid-90s. All this time, I never owned a camera.

Sometime in 1997 I decided it was time to get a camera. Even though a decent (read megapixel) digital was $700 at the time, it made sense to me since I could take lots of photos and not have processing expenses. Since I was doing a lot of computer layout, it made sense to go digital and have the files available directly rather than having to scan photos.

That first digital was a Kodak DC120, built like a tank, and a terrific camera for its time. A few years later, I got an HP Photosmart 945, which took some terrific photos. Unfortunately, it died a sudden and premature death and HP basically told me to go blow smoke about replacing it. I went awhile before getting my current Canon Digital Rebel XT last year. Through this forum, I have learned a lot about photography, what all those numbers like f, ISO, and so on mean. I have been blessed with a good eye and take no credit for skill in composition or anything else. My brain simply says “yep it’s good” when it is. Usually.

Well, that’s probably more about me than you’ll ever want to know.

I'm making sure the person I want to tag will accept. If I don't hear back soon, I'll pick someone else.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
We went through the same computers it seems. I loved my VIC20 with what, 16KB of RAM, lol and the plug in game cartridges and separate cassette deck for saving stuff.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

TigerNutz
Premium
Little Rock, AR
reply to Mospaw
Mospaw you take a much better picture than the cat and JKK for that matter......and that beer sure does look good.

Mospaw
My socks don't match.
Hawaiian Jellyfish
join:2001-01-08
Mile High
That was some tasty beer. I was a local brand "Big Kahuna" something or other.

And I've heard back. Splitpair See Profile, consider yourself tagged.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to TigerNutz
said by TigerNutz:

Mospaw you take a much better picture than the cat and JKK for that matter......and that beer sure does look good.
Mrs. M has opposable thumbs. Neither Chaos nor Tabasco does.
--
Bush implies I'm a traitor. I'm proud of that.

***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

TigerNutz
Premium
Little Rock, AR

1 recommendation

said by tmpchaos:

said by TigerNutz:

Mrs. M has opposable thumbs. Neither Chaos nor Tabasco does.
opposable thumbs are not needed to snap a pic with a MacBook Pro, just a paw on the mouse.......

Splitpair
Premium
join:2000-07-29
Cow Towne
kudos:3

3 edits

15 recommendations

reply to Mospaw
Click for full size
Click for full size
Thanks Chris.

So what am I? Well I'm something like 53 years young having spent the last *38 years of those years with the most beautiful and understanding person I have ever met my wife of 30 years Becky.

I grew up in Fort Lauderdale Florida and have for as long as I can remember have had an interest in electronics and photography the previous becoming part of my job and the latter a hobby. I currently work as a Digital Technician for BellSouth maintaining special services (circuits) from DS0 to glass. In the pre BST days I have worked dang near any job one could think of ranging from busboy at Sweden House to a certified electrical contractor and in my spare time captured and sold a few shots along the way.

Since the rules say I cannot mention photography I will refrain from doing so.

I started capturing images when I was around twelve years old someone (I think an uncle) gave me a 120 bellows camera and a couple of weeks allowance got me enough money for a roll Tri-X. Shots where taken more allowance was saved for developing and printing and I was in.

In the afternoons and during the summer you could find me working part time in the lab at a photo studio on Broward and later a camera shop called Click Camera for the lab work I was actually getting paid and rather well at that time for a fourteen year and I didn't do too bad nor at the camera shop either though for intents and purposes all of my earnings where traded for equipment.

As for photos I will post actual shots of myself.

From the top down.

My parents while doing ok did rent me out once and awhile to the Seminoles to wrestle alligators to bring home a few extra bucks.

Early attempts at construction while quite accurate where somewhat misaligned to grade.

Getting laid.

* Since I have been asked. We met in school when I was 14 and started dating when I was around 19-20.

Wayne

BTW MrFixitCT your up next »/profile/252964
--
If you cannot fix it with a buttset and some beanies you ain't a technician.

MrFixitCT
pay it forward
Premium,VIP,ExMod 2001-06
join:2000-12-01
Charleston, SC
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
·Home Telephone
·AT&T DSL Service

1 edit

17 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
59mm 1/125th F6.3 ISO400

Well, started taking pictures back in the 80s when I was a camera repair tech for Canon, back when the AE-1P first came out. Since then I've played the field service game for several companies, not good for relationships but got to see something of several countries I'd have never gone to otherwise.. Settled down, got a "normal" job with SNET/SBC/at&t and got married 10 years ago to a fine woman I met on AOL back in the days of 2600 baud modems and $2.95/hour We've 3 cats and no kids, perfect balance if you ask me

Tag EGeezer you're it!

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to jaykaykay
If you know there's a blob there, you took the time to play with the image. Shame on you! You are all totally incorrigible.

Mauricio9
Premium
join:2001-12-04
Vancouver, BC

1 edit

2 recommendations

said by jaykaykay:

If you know there's a blob there, you took the time to play with the image. Shame on you! You are all totally incorrigible.
JKK, your monitor is again playing tricks on you. The blob is perfectly visible even on my laptop screen. You really need to get a good display with proper calibration!
--
My photo galleries

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 edit

21 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

Canon PowerShot A610
7.3mm 1/60th F4

Wow, where do I start?

Well, raised a country boy in southeast Ohio, married over thirty years to my lovely bride, whom I met while in college. We have a daughter, happily married and pursuing her masters in library science.

I've done lots of things, among them the following; Auto mechanic, gas station attendant (remember when we cleaned the windshield, checked fluids, air in the tires as part of a fillup?).

Also, well driller, tool and die mechanic, pinsetter and pinspotter mechanic, (Brunswick and AMF), NCR serviceman, methods engineer for a manufacturer of power utility transformers and regulators (Wayne, ever run across Line Material round wounds?). These got me money to get through college with degrees in business and Engineering Degree in Business, major in Electrical Engineering, minor in mathematics. Go Bobcats!

A marketing rep with whom I played snooker steered me to IBM and a 25 year career and a buyout with early retirement. I retired twice more, and now freelance with a great group of customers and colleagues in a field I love. I also get to do a little grunt work helping track down bad guys and keeping them from doing bad things.

Recreation? In addition to my freelancing, I socialize, travel, hike, bike, fly acrobatic kites, canoe and also do what others here like to do. I love good music of most kinds,especially jazz, bluegrass, mountain and Irish, classic movies and legitimate theatre. I like working on things. I'm an information junkie, so the internet is my friend.

Well, let's see. 05241201 See Profile, you're it!

edited for spelling and education

--
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Where is Rob A?
Premium
join:2006-03-23
Eagle River, AK

19 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Oh no! I'm it!

I am 20 years old, born and raised north of Anchorage, Alaska. My late father significantly influenced my love of traveling. We took kayaking trips down the Yukon River, and spent summers Sea Kayaking in Prince William Sound. He showed me that Alaska is a wonderful place to explore, and I will never stop doing so.

I started playing soccer when i was 5 years old, and have again, been able to travel to many places with various soccer teams. Right after 8th grade I was fortunate enough to play in the Holland Cup, and also spend time in England. Both gorgeous places that I want to see again soon. (of course while being equipped with a certain unmentionable item)

Because Alaska is so dang cold, I love to visit warm places. I have spent time in Central America, namely Guatemala, Belize, and Costa Rica. All experiences that I will never forget.

In addition to soccer and traveling, I enjoy snowmobiling and snowboarding in the winter, hiking in the summer, and playing poker year round.
I go to college in Arizona, studying finance. I hope to get into the real estate business when I graduate.

Enough of ME,

I want to hear from 35375105 See Profile !!!

Premium
join:2002-11-20

14 recommendations

Click for full size
Canon EOS 5D
50mm 1/60th F1.8 ISO1600

I'm not really good at introductions. I guess I'll say that I'm 17 years old (be 18 in March), live in the North East USA, work at a grocery store but hoping to go to college in a few months, but not sure where to go or what to study. My name doesn't really matter.

I have been doing "photography" seriously since I was 14 years old but lately haven't really had the time to get out and take photos between work and other things.

Now I tag Wyattx17 See Profile.
--
A sophisticated rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to Mauricio9
said by Mauricio9:

said by jaykaykay:

JKK, your monitor is again playing tricks on you. The blob is perfectly visible even on my laptop screen. You really need to get a good display with proper calibration!
I just cleaned it. It's perfection now. Even the blob came off.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

Wyattx17
Wyatt
Premium
join:2004-04-21
Stockton, CA

16 recommendations

reply to 35375105

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
50mm 1/60th F4 ISO400

@ a wedding. :)
Alright, looks like I'm next. Thanks 35375105 See Profile.

I am 20 turning 21 this July. I was born and have lived in Northern California all my life. I am currently working full time in a Pro Lab/Portrait Studio so I'm learning new things everyday. I basically live on a farm, with a horse some cows, chickens, a turkey, pigs and other common house animals. I am not married yet but have had my wonderful girlfriend for over 2 years.

I got into photography right after high school and started to get more serious back at the end of 2005. I decided a while ago I wanted to make some $ doing it and got a job at A portrait studio/lab called Creative Imaging Center. I'm working full time as a Lab Tech for now. It's either this or fixing computers. I love to travel and really love remembering the places I've visited, hence the photography.

Well my photography speaks for its self, can be spontaneous and a little different at times. I'm always looking for new Ideas so be prepared. Well I feel I have babbled enough about my self.

So I would to choose SandShark See Profile!