Click for full size
Canon PowerShot SD700 IS
5.8mm 1/160th F2.8

At work in AK
Click for full size
Canon EOS 5D
17mm 1/125th F10 ISO500

On the Yukon
Well, let’s see here. I’m Paul, 19 years old. For my whole life I’ve lived in NW Connecticut, a beautiful area which I am thankful for.

School is running my life right now – I’m a sophomore studying Business Management. It’s a blast actually. I’ve tutored physics and financial accounting.

During the winter I enjoy skiing (uh, when we actually have real snow) and mountaineering. In the summer I boat (hence the screen name) and fish quite a bit, mostly in Vermont. I'm one of those "weird" fitness nuts. Horses have laid claim to much of my spare time.

My main passion is travel which goes well with photography. I love visiting beautiful new places.

I won’t bore you further .

I tag overhill See Profile
--
My gallery ~ http://winchester.smugmug.com/

overhill
Judd
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-03
Miami, FL

1 edit

27 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

Me in Banff
Hey folks, my name is Judd and I'm currently a graduate student in Geography (It's more than maps in case you were wondering...). My undergraduate degrees were in Biology and Environmental Sciences. I've always enjoyed being outdoors, and I am increasingly sure that I can't stand an 8-5 desk job. If I get lucky, I'll make my primary hobby into my career. I can't say anymore or I'd violate the laws of this thread.

I grew up in Kansas and absolutely love wide open space and a slower pace of life. I've done summer biology research in Kansas and Utah, worked for the National Park Service in Miami, and searched for the Ivory-billed Woodpecker in northern Florida. I love to travel. While I have goals to visit many countries, I am happy to spend time exploring the tremendous beauty right here between the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Trying to plan trips to Dry Tortugas and Yellowstone National Parks for 2007. My photograph is not a great self-portrait, but the scenery sure is nice!

I tag xterrain See Profile.
--
Judd Patterson Photography

xterrain
Head On
Premium
join:2004-09-02
Carlsbad, CA

18 recommendations

Hi, my name is Rich. I'm 35 years old. I'm originally from Southern California now residing in Salt Lake City, and working in San Diego for the next year and a half. I served in the Navy during Desert Shield/Storm and am now self emloyed as a telecommunications engineer. Like many here, I love to travel and get to do quite a bit of it for work and that other thing that I'm not supposed to talk about. I spend a lot of time in the outdoors for work and for play and a few here can attest that less than ideal weather isn't likely to stop me from a camping trip or a drive to the coast. Bad weather only encourages this behavior. I'm one of those people who really hates to have his picture taken and therfore, I don't have an image of me to post. Sorry.

Enough about me. Let's hear frommmmmm........

Simpfan742. Tag, you're it!
--
Apply directly to the forehead ...

Wyattx17
Wyatt
Premium
join:2004-04-21
Stockton, CA

1 recommendation

reply to waynegilbert

This is amazing. Thanks!

simpfan742
People Call Me Andrew.
Premium
join:2003-05-18
Belmar, NJ

22 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

How could you, xterrain See Profile!

My name is Andrew, if you couldn't tell by the watermarks on my images. Like uid1173726 See Profile, I am also 19 years old.

I am a freshman photography major at Drexel University in Philadelphia, and thus far am enjoying my experience in the city greatly.

My home is in Wall, NJ (near Belmar and Asbury Park, for those who are unfamiliar with the region).

In the past I have worked for a wedding photographer, and last summer I had the opportunity to be a staff photographer for a local paper.

Besides the obvious hobbies of photography and music, I have become very interested in exploring Philadelphia by walking randomly without a map.

Very few images exist of me - I am rather camera shy, but here is a recent one of my lovely girlfriend Kristin and I playing stupid tourists in Thomas Paine Plaza, which features oversized game pieces.

Canon EOS 30D
40mm 1/60th F6.3 ISO250

Who to pick on next? How about we learn more about everyone's buddy, jaykaykay See Profile?
--
Photoblog.

waynegilbert
Blessed
Premium
join:2004-09-26
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

4 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

It's really nice to get to know all of you. I would like thank everyone for contributing. We have a great group of people here not just photographers. It may sound a little corny but thank you this means a lot.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

2 edits

19 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

Every body's buddy, eh. Maybe not yours any more! (Just kidding!)

I am originally from Minnesota but moved to the Desert Southwest 37 years ago and never looked back. I so easily became a desert rat that I sometimes think that I lived here in another life.

Let's see. First, I am married for short of 42 years to the same wonderful friend and lover. I came to him with 2 children, lucky man, and we had a 3rd between us. They are grown and we now have 5 grandchildren, one of them old enough to actually marry and have his own. He hasn't yet and I am not prepared to be a great-grandparent.

I have spent my life doing many things, one of which was working in an Adapted Physical Education program in a school district here. I think that those handicapped children, some severely disabled, taught me more than I could ever have learned without them. They were, for the most part, loving and gentle and could just bring tears to one's eyes. I think I loved all 800+ of them that came through the program.

I also taught dogs obedience for a time. Yes. I had a dog, and she was the most disobedient little thing there ever was. I think that's why I am so into cats now. They're easier to train!

I now live in a body that seems to reject everything I want to do and is riddled with arthritis, etc. That's how I became interested originally in computer security which is where I hung out for years on this site. As with life, I learn better by doing. And you all know how I entertain myself, and many of you too, now. I won't mention the word, but I have gravitated back to a passion I had as a kid. It's one of those things I can enjoy in any body and the one I am in now is delighted with combining the computer and cameras. That's about it. I have retired from many things but not life and living.

I learned many things in the Security Forum, one of which is that I don't post my likeness without those who see it having to imagine a lot...everything. Sorry about that.

I am curious about Mauricio Hey, friend. You're IT!
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

MrFixitCT
pay it forward
Premium,VIP,ExMod 2001-06
join:2000-12-01
Charleston, SC
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
·Home Telephone
·AT&T DSL Service

3 recommendations

said by jaykaykay:

I learned many things in the Security Forum, one of which is that I don't post my likeness without those who see it having to imagine a lot...everything. Sorry about that.
JKK, sorry to expose your secret identity

Mauricio9
Premium
join:2001-12-04
Vancouver, BC

25 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

Minolta DiMAGE A1
43mm 1/160th F4.5 ISO100

I am 31 years old. For the past 6 I have been married to Paula, who lovingly puts up with all my quirks, including the one I can't talk about (well, that's not the only one I can't talk about!). No kids for now.

I am a professor in the Economics Department at UBC. If you care about my full vita, all you have to do is google me up - we academics pretty much lay our professional lives out in the open for everyone to see. I teach a variety of courses, both at the graduate and undergraduate levels, and conduct research, mostly on Spanish economic history. One of the best parts of my job is that I get to travel a lot; I spend at least three weeks per year in Spain, and shorter stints in many other places for conferences and invited presentations. This year's highlights are looking to be Israel and Prague.

I was born and grew up in Argentina, the land of tango and the best beef in the world. It is also were my family and my wife's live, so we do get down there once a year. Though a beautiful country with fantastic people, Argentina's economic and political troubles do not make it a great place to be an academic. Fortunately Canada has been every bit as kind to us as our native country was.

Other than the unspeakable hobby, I also occupy my free time with outdoors activities, mostly hiking and skiing. And reading all sorts of novels. And cooking - but only with enough time on my hands, as I don't like to be rushed in the kitchen. And barbecuing huge chunks of meat, no matter how crappy the weather is - if anyone has fired up a Weber charcoal kettle grill both in -30 degree weather and in whiteout conditions, welcome to the club!

Now let's hear about jordan f See Profile.
--
My photo galleries

jordan f
Premium
join:2002-06-27
Miami, FL

1 edit

19 recommendations

Click for full size
Me on top of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Click for full size
Me at the bottom of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Well you caught me just in time! Tomorrow morning I hop on a plane to Cortona, Italy to study abroad for three months. I haven't really started packing and I have to design an entire website by then, so it looks like I'll be up for awhile.

Anyway, my name is Jordan F and I am a 21 year-old college student at the University of Miami. I started photography about four years ago. Just recently I've gotten into the web startup world and have been busy with that.
I really really really dig music and pretty girls. I very much enjoy postponing adulthood at college and I also play guitar. You can visit my site at »tinyurl.com/2yjwg4 to hear about Italy and see some photos as well.

Now on to my main man Jed6 See Profile.

Premium
join:2002-11-20
reply to Mauricio9

said by Mauricio9:

I am 31 years old. For the past 6 I have been married to Paula, who lovingly puts up with all my quirks, including the one I can't talk about (well, that's not the only one I can't talk about!). No kids for now.
You remind me a lot of John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Seriously, you have glasses just like John Lennon, and you look like him sorta. And your wife looks just like Yoko Ono lol.

Maybe you are really lennon?
--
microsoft, mediumhard.

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

His wife looks a HELL of a lot better than Loko OhNo ever did.

Mauricio9
Premium
join:2001-12-04
Vancouver, BC
reply to 35375105

said by 35375105:

[Maybe you are really lennon?
If you heard me sing, any resemblance would be shattered to pieces then and there.
--
My photo galleries

oneeyeddeer
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Columbus, OH
reply to Mauricio9

said by Mauricio9:

The land of the best beef in the world.
Having grown up there myself, I'll vouch for that!

Wyattx17
Wyatt
Premium
join:2004-04-21
Stockton, CA
reply to waynegilbert

Did the party stop?

Jed6
Premium
join:2002-05-16
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

19 recommendations

reply to jordan f

Great thread.

Ok, this is me. Eighteen years old. Name is Jordan. I haven't lived in the same place longer than six months since I was fifteen. I'm an explorer at heart... this world is too great not to see and learn it all.

I was relieved of high school when I was sixteen. Did a year of community college. Never had a good school experience, which is why I have no immediate plans for college.

I've been in Atlanta for about three months now, but I will be moving on before the ides of february. On paper, I haven't been doing much here. Some web design work and a couple photo jobs. But I've learned more about life in the last six months that I can't even think of a good way to finish this sentence. (That's a lot.)

Right now, it's time for me to make a decision and begin my adult life. Everyone thinks I should go to school. Adults think I'm smart and talented blah blah blah. I have a hard time taking advice from people who are just as fucked up after forty or fifty years of experience.

Every day I spend hours thinking about human existence and social society and different sorts of psychedelic stuff. I feel that I may see the world differently than many people do.

Realistically, I see myself travelling wandering the world for the next five to fifty years (who knows?), searching for whatever it is that I'm really after. I also feel that I may eventually have a career as an artist (but again, who knows?)

P.S. I'm sure some of you will notice the hebrew on my shirt. Shirt is from my stint as a volunteer in the israeli army a few years ago.

edit: pog4 See Profile, you're it.
--
Visit my photo gallery: www.jordandiamond.com

pog4
Premium
join:2004-06-03
Kihei, HI

19 recommendations

I'm tagged!

PENTAX *ist DS
28mm 1/50th F3.5 ISO200

Well, I'm still thirty-something. After living all over the place, I moved to Hawaii. I've ventured out of this state twice in the last 13 years... LOL!

I have a degree in Civil Engineering but never really had the interest to make a career of it. Instead, I preferred to jump from one field to another without really make much of an impression in any of them! I had some very serious health issues in my late teens and early 20's that perhaps affected my outlook on things then.

Anyway, I've had my main present gig for about 7 years. I'm an admin/tech manager for a small-ish non-profit on Maui. We have about 40 employees (maybe 25 in full time equivalency and 20 desks and 4 locations in the county). I don't make quite the bucks even my underachiever past might lead one to expect of me... well, it's not really THAT bad and, due to my indispensible ® status, I am free to do as I please most of the time...

I got married in 2001 to an awesome local girl and we have two kids... (no more are planned at this time. ) We're lucky enough that we can afford at the moment for my wife to stay home.

That's enough of me for now! I'd like to hear from Nezmo See Profile now.
--
My Site

JRSlater8
Do or do not... there is no try
Premium
join:2004-08-12

4 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

The more I read through this thread, the more I realize that my ideas about who you folks are were so way off. It's nice to get to know you folks, too bad we can't get a BBRDigital Imiging forum convention together. I think it would be awesome to see all of you folks in one place and at the same time.
--
»shootingforacause.com/
»www.pbase.com/jrslater

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

25 recommendations

reply to pog4

Click for full size
Panasonic DMC-LZ5
6.1mm 1/30th F2.8 ISO100

Thanks pog4 See Profile.

My name is Neil. I was born in London, England in 1968. I moved out of London just before I was four but I started my working life back in London working just off of Trafalgar Square. In 1987 my company relocated to Basingstoke which is where I lived. In 1989 I met my American wife-to-be when she was assigned as a contractor to help my company install software (it was common to bring over people from the US). In 1990 we married in England. In 1996 we sold-up, quit our jobs and moved to Dallas/Fort Worth.

I became a US citizen in 2000.

I have two lovely boys aged 8 and 5. One is gifted and talented and the other is exceptionally creative and dramatic. I am extremely proud of them both.

In 2005 my wife and I separated and our divorce was final in early January this year. Fortunately, and for the sake of the kids, our divorce was conducted peacefully and we share custody of the boys. Nothing is more important to me that giving them the most stable environment I can manage.

My passions in life after raising the boys are music, traveling, photography and food. I’ve many other interests such as movies, gardening and running but the aforementioned get the most time. I play guitar and I’ve played in several bands over the years including a college band that was entered into the British Battle of the Bands and several bands here in Dallas/ Fort Worth.

I work for an extremely large consulting firm as a project director. I manage installations of enterprise systems at major US life insurance companies – now you can see why I need creative outlets like photography, but it pays the bills, lol.

And with no further ado, I'll pass the torch to kidpics See Profile.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

hally
Premium
join:2000-02-21
Long Beach, NY

1 recommendation

Hey Nezmo, I have good friends in Coppell, the LaMothes. He is quite an accomplished runner and runs with the GRAW club on Saturdays, wonder if you know him and if so it's a small world.

Barb

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

said by hally:

Hey Nezmo, I have good friends in Coppell, the LaMothes. He is quite an accomplished runner and runs with the GRAW club on Saturdays, wonder if you know him and if so it's a small world.

Barb
While Coppell is relatively small, I'm afraid I don't know him, sorry. I see plenty of runners on the streets so it wouldn't surprise me if our paths have crossed.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

kidpics
Premium
join:2006-01-23
Tomball, TX

1 edit

29 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

Thanks Nezmo See Profile!

Let's see... I am fortunate enough to be an at-home-mom. I'm in my 30's. I grew up in a very small town of about 6,000 people in the geographical center of Texas. Wonder if any of you can figure it out!? After high school, I went to college out in West Texas. I majored in psychology specializing in children, double minored in art and communications. I graduated from Angelo State University in '92, married my husband no__1__here See Profile, and we moved to Harrogate, England. We lived there for 3 wonderful years and spent our time traveling throughout Britian and Europe! In '95, we moved back to Texas and since then have had four beautiful children together. The oldest is a boy, almost 11, and an academic. The second is a boy, almost 9, and an athlete. Next is our daughter who is definitely a "girly-girl" and just turned 5. Last but definitely not least is our 2 1/2 yr. old baby boy - he's the comedian! They are all great and very well behaved. I've been truly blessed and couldn't be more proud.

My interests....hmmm, you mean when I'm not doing dishes, laundry, and being a kid-taxi? Really anything that's creative - I love to paint (mainly murals on my kid's bedroom walls), cook, bake, decorate cakes, and of course the one thing I'm not allowed to mention!!! Once my youngest is in school, I'm hoping to make my unmentionable hobby and passion into a business.

Canon EOS 20D
85mm 1/80th F9 ISO200

Well, this photo is almost a year old - I'll try to get back in front of the camera soon!

Ok, even though I feel that no__1__here See Profile is the smartest and most interesting guy I know - he's has said that I shouldn't tag him. So, I'll go with another great guy with a great story to tell and that would be noe38 See Profile!

hally
Premium
join:2000-02-21
Long Beach, NY
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

said by hally:

Barb
While Coppell is relatively small, I'm afraid I don't know him, sorry. I see plenty of runners on the streets so it wouldn't surprise me if our paths have crossed.
He doesn't run the streets, runs at Arthur Brown. His wife runs home from there though sometimes. GRAW is the Grapevine runners and walkers club at Lake Grapevine. Nice group, I joined them on a Saturday morning when I was there. Ah well, I have thought it would be neat if you knew each other.

itsatravisd
Premium
join:2003-05-13
San Diego, CA

3 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

I've been watching this forum for a while and participating with occasional comments and posts in the gallery. I've loved looking at the pictures everyone posts, and I've learned tons just from seeing them and the comments that people make.

This, however, definitely has to be the greatest topic I've seen here. Everyone's stories are fascinating and surprising, and I've been checking every day hoping to see one or two more.

Thanks for the great topic.

noe38
Premium
join:2005-11-10
Area 51, WV

28 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

Thanks kidpics See Profile, fellow Central Texan.

Born in Austin Texas, 1933. Graduated from Burnet High School. Spent 12 years at THE University of Texas, BS, PhD in chemistry, and 4 years as post doc and faculty member. While there we (grad students, civil rights advocates) integrated every beer joint around campus, including Scholtz's Beer Garten

Started a family with Martha, my wife for 48 years now, and had to go get a real job. Worked in classified gov job for three years and with Union Carbide in New Jersey and then Charleston for 23 years. Retired early in 1988 as a Research Associate after I told a senior vice-president to do something physically impossible.

We have two sons and a daughter, all educators and four grand kids. Since retirement I have had hobbies/businesses in woodworking, wood-turning, computer building and... the unmentionable.

My other hobby is music. I have a mandolin, Dobro, 75 78rpm records, numerous 45rpms, several hundreds of albums and many hundreds of CDs. My oldest son, who is a bioengineering professor at Arkansas has even more.

Since he is almost as old as I, and we both enjoy "Artify-ing" I Tag Chuck22 See Profile for the next Spotlight. LOL and above all PEACE>>..
--
"Freedom of speech is of no use to a man who has nothing to say ..." Franklin D. Roosevelt

yock
TFTC
Premium
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH
kudos:3

Ah! A Mandolin player! I think your next photo should be the callouses on your left hand. =)

noe38
Premium
join:2005-11-10
Area 51, WV

1 edit

10 recommendations

Click for full size
Click for full size