spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Nick_C
join:2004-09-12
England

Nick_C

Faxing problem with USR Courier

Not sure this is the most appropriate forum for this subject but the best one I could find.

Since the beginning of this year neither incoming nor outgoing faxes are working. We have a pair of external US Robotics Courier V.Everythings on a Win2003 (SBS2003) server. They are both slightly different models, one sending, one receiving. This setup has been working fine for a couple of years with absolutely no problems until now.

Sending fax logs the failure as:
"Transmission error" "Unknown fatal error" "0x0000000c"

Receiving fax erros with:
"Reception error" "The remote fax machine did not respond in time, and the call was terminated" "0x40000802"

Also I have a more detailed log of communications between the two modems below, sending and receiving logs both mixed together on the same timeline.

Can anyone see why this is failing?

Nick
FSugino
join:2001-12-04
Schaumburg, IL

FSugino

Hi Nick,

Are you using the latest firmware (v2.3.15)? An update addressing a fax problem was posted a couple of weeks ago on the USR web site. Please carefully read the note about compatible models - this firmware upgrade is for revision C modems (e.g. USR013453C)
Nick_C
join:2004-09-12
England

Nick_C

Two modems involved here, one incoming, one outgoing:

1). USR013453B - Unfortunately this is not a revision C but a revision B modem so latest firmware available is 2.2.05, I will upgrade this from it's existing 2.1.1

2). 80-010955-01 - Can't establish from the USR site whether or not there is a firware update for this one or not, is is currentl on:
Supp rev. 044-7.6.7
DSP rev. 3.1.2