uniqs
share rss forum feed

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

Read and learn.

If you read their web page it explains it all. They have a private network to game servers so game packets do not enter the public internet. They need a deal with ISPs so the ISP will rout game traffic to the private network not to the public internet. Do you really trust politicians ability to write a law that will exempt this form net-neutrality laws?

omniscient9

join:2002-10-29
New Orleans, LA
Sadly, I doubt any of us read it, hence the speculation. In that sense it would be possible to control congestion and use routing algorithms optimized for shortest path for UDP packets, being that it is their network and much less "patchworked" than a public infrastructure. An interesting idea, but if they can not hold to their promise...gamers are not too forgiving after all.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ
said by omniscient9:

Sadly, I doubt any of us read it, hence the speculation. In that sense it would be possible to control congestion and use routing algorithms optimized for shortest path for UDP packets, being that it is their network and much less "patchworked" than a public infrastructure. An interesting idea, but if they can not hold to their promise...gamers are not too forgiving after all.
If it is a month to month plan no problem, cancel it.

omniscient9

join:2002-10-29
New Orleans, LA
The hardcore gamers I knew when I played would not forgive that easily. They would yell and scream and slander the company to anyone that would listen if they did not receive the promised ping. Gaming websites would batter them with stories of how they failed to keep their promises etc. It would become a nightmare for them if they promised the moon and did not deliver.

ssj4android
Redefining Reality

join:2002-04-14
Wyoming, MI
reply to batterup
Which game servers though? It seems like this could actually make the ping worse to some server. Most games I play are peer to peer, so I definitely wouldn't buy this.