spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Westofhere
join:2005-04-07
West Coast

Westofhere

Intranet software

Looking for an intranet application to run in a windows domain environment, suggestions?

Serbtastic
You Know How Many People I Have Buried?
Premium Member
join:2002-02-24
Stoney Creek, ON

1 recommendation

Serbtastic

Premium Member

What purpose would you like to achieve with this intranet application?

Westofhere
West Coast

Westofhere

Centralized location for employees to be able access a variety of directories that can be updated by various users thru a web portal internally and externally (SSL).

Serbtastic
You Know How Many People I Have Buried?
Premium Member
join:2002-02-24
Stoney Creek, ON

Serbtastic to Westofhere

Premium Member

to Westofhere
Why not use an FTP server? Users can still access it with IE, and update directories on it through IE as well.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Westofhere

Premium Member

to Westofhere
I personally would look at SharePoint Services 3.0. It's a free add-on for Server 2003 (3.0 requires .NET 3.0 to be installed first) and will do exactly what you want. It integrates nicely with AD, but each login uses a CAL on the domain controller. You can even map a drive to a SharePoint folder if you want to access the files without going through the web interface.

Modus
I hate smartassery on forums
Premium Member
join:2005-05-02
us

Modus

Premium Member

Yep i second that. Sharepoint is gets the job done. From what i read microsoft is migrating their enitre site to sharepoint server 2007.

Westofhere
West Coast

Westofhere

Thanks for the input, I agree with the Sharepoint 2k7 idea after nosing around at different apps.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Keep in mind SharePoint 2007 is the server version. It costs money and has CALs of its own aside from the Windows CALs needed. Unless you need its features I would go with the free version that is SharePoint Services. Here is a comparison of the two so you can decide which one fits your needs: »office.microsoft.com/en- ··· 033.aspx

NoOneHere
@optonline.net

NoOneHere to Westofhere

Anon

to Westofhere
Ain't see nothing! Checkout www.santronics.com for Interactive NET Server 6.xx - does intranet/extranet/internet with SSL/TLS etc. Also does web server, telnet server, ftp server, web mail, email, newsgroups, file upload/download xfers, local/remote management, built-in database management, built-in database searches, etc etc etc.
Driveraider
join:2006-01-30
united state

Driveraider to Westofhere

to Westofhere
Wow, I didn't think WildCat! was still around. I figured it went out with the BBS days.