Morty7
Premium Member
join:2004-09-18

1 edit

Morty7 to KranitzL

Premium Member

to KranitzL

Re: Comcast Bandwidth limit?

I'm not getting into this discussion because nothing new has been brought to the table and I've already participated in hundreds of other threads, while people ask the same question or argument that has been proven incorrect a million times.

However, the idiot that posted to youtube (and likely that blog that someone quoted) stated that Comcast's bandwidth limitation is 2GB. This is incorrect, Comcast's bandwidth limitation for the free newsgroup service they provide via Giganews is 2GB/mo, this is NOT the actual bandwidth limit as they don't have one. You get a letter/call because it's abuse and you're degrading the service (at the sole discretion of Comcast per the ToS) not because you're downloading more then they would like you to.
Expand your moderator at work

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH

said by CLEVELTECH:

That's not my blog, it's from another former Comcast subscriber. I live in the state of Massachusetts.
I live the next town over. I noticed a marked improvement in my speeds when you left and made such a whiney fuss, I'm glad you're enjoying your connection elsewhere and aren't considering coming back. We all appreciate it!
CLEVELTECH
join:2006-12-21

CLEVELTECH to KranitzL

to KranitzL
I'm just going to keep spreading the word. Comcast isn't going to remain on top forever and just like Wal-Mart, they will be held accountable.
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH to Cabal

to Cabal
Really? Sure, LOL. You live 6 towns North of me and it's when hell freezes over before I ever sign up with this bad service provider ever again. Rest assured, they don't want me back especially now that I'm talking and gathering others against them.

Loker
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Fargo, ND

Loker to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH

said by CLEVELTECH:

Really? Sure, LOL. You live 6 towns North of me and it's when hell freezes over before I ever sign up with this bad service provider ever again. Rest assured, they don't want me back especially now that I'm talking and gathering others against them.
Hell freezes over quite regularly here in Michigan....»www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/ ··· ex=55275

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

2 edits

Cabal to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH
said by CLEVELTECH:

Nope, Mansfield on the N.Attleboro line. Good luck in your crusade though, be sure to include email discussions with your lawyer on the case you're building. We'd love to see them.
KranitzL
join:2007-02-07
New Lenox, IL

KranitzL

I dunno, Cleavland technician? I'm just a might bit pissed because I pay for the service and they're telling me how I can use it after the fact. Adding on extra rules and such. and cleveltech is the guy I was trying to get a hold of, heh dude! =D
I would go with another ISP if I could find an affordable one thou. It's not my house or anything so I don't have final say thou. And can any of you honestly afford a business account just so you can have your bandwidth cap stated as a business agreement? Seems a little ridiculous to pay 400$ to a thousand dollars just to get something in writing like that. I for one am unemployed and am living by the grace of god till the government finds me a job.
Good luck with letting businesses screw you and opening up high speed business accounts with more bandwidth then you'll ever use thou!

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH
said by CLEVELTECH:

I'm just going to keep spreading the word. Comcast isn't going to remain on top forever and just like Wal-Mart, they will be held accountable.
I can see how much support you have gathered in this thread.

Fine Job.

Hob
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Loker

Premium Member

to Loker
Considering we've been below 0 here for the last week, and about 56 hours below zero straight, I'd say hell froze over here too..
CLEVELTECH

1 edit

CLEVELTECH to KranitzL

to KranitzL
I have Verizon and have had them for 6 months. I was very livid when this happened to me and then I released I was not alone with this issue.
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
I don't need nor want yours. There are many people that come and read in this site and like I said before all it takes is one to start the fire and watch it burn wild.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to CLEVELTECH

MVM

to CLEVELTECH
said by CLEVELTECH:

Based on what I am moving, in the way of data volume, I would not be concerned about the Comcast invisible caps. I am nowhere near triggering them. Having downloaded some fansubbed anime over my sister's Comcast connection, expect I would be unlikely to download so little as 33% of the amounts I have seen posted as triggering the letter.

I wouldn't let their invisible cap stop me from signing up. But they charge too much for my wallet.
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH to Cabal

to Cabal
This isn't a crusade although I'm getting contacted everyday by users and former users. and for the record I'm not interested in money.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH
"I don't need nor want yours."

You cant stop doing it can you?

This is a discussion forum and you get what the forum allows....You make you point..I make mine..... you respond...I respond.

However when you get an alternative view you either insult or ignore...

Why dont you start a thread in the Rant Forum?

Hob
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH to rico

to rico
the skill level when i worked on cars years ago. i understand them mechanically, but electrically is still challenging to me.

MrChupacabra
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Florida

1 edit

2 recommendations

MrChupacabra to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH
Keep in mind. If they are contacting the top 1% of users who are once again, negatively impacting the service, that is a small amount in the grand picture.

Its pretty simple. The demands on the service you have are not ones Comcast is interested in supplying. There for you go somewhere else.

Life is all about actions and the consequences of those actions. You were given a warning of what your actions would cause if you didn't slow up. You didn't so you were canned. You made your choice.
CLEVELTECH

1 edit

CLEVELTECH to MrChupacabra

to MrChupacabra

it is more than 1%. Do not believe everything that you hear from the very company that reports that information.
And like I said before, and I'll state it once again: I got the call but the abuse rep would NOT tell me what the limit was going further stating that there was NO LIMIT and he threatened me.

I have a friend of mine that lives in the same town you do in FL and he contacted Comcast and it was interesting he told me that apparently some reps are aware of this but he has NEVER had an issue with Comcast ever and he downloads pretty much whatever he wants all the time and has been doing it for years.

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

2 edits

NormanS

MVM

said by CLEVELTECH:

it is more than 1%.
You have access to data which shows that more than 100,000 Comcast customers have received the letter?
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH

A guy is working on getting that information as we speak. To be honest I don't know for sure.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

1 edit

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by CLEVELTECH:

A guy is working on getting that information as we speak. To be honest I don't know for sure.
So why say it?

Thats your problem...
Hob

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to CLEVELTECH

MVM

to CLEVELTECH
said by CLEVELTECH:

May I respectfully suggest that, until you have the data in hand to prove the statement, you not make the statement?

And if the guy "working on it" is an attorney filing discovery motions, it might be wise to not say anything at all until the matter is either heard, or rejected by a judge.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to KranitzL

Premium Member

to KranitzL
said by KranitzL:

And since, In the comcast TOS/Contract our service is unlimited, we are not in violation or breach of contract. If they however do choose to terminate our service without legal justification, THEY will be in breach of contract.
While I sympathize with your "We have no caps, but you're over them" situation, I saw this and kinda had to chuckle.

Have you ever read a TOS or EULA or similar? Basically, from a consumer point of view, they ALL suck. I can sum up your Terms of Service in one paragraph:

WE (The provider/author/Publisher/RIAA/MPAA/whoever) can do anything we like at anytime, for any reason we see fit. You can do nothing, other then pay us money as we demand. We have all legal rights, and no liability. You have all liability, and no legal rights. You agree to these terms or you can't use our product. 'Nuff said.

That's your basic TOS in a nutshell.