Search similar:

uniqs
Expand your moderator at work
CLEVELTECH
join:2006-12-21

CLEVELTECH to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin

Re: Comcast Bandwidth limit?

You know what? That's fine of you don't believe me. There are other users that do. You weren't threatened, lied to and you still are on thier network so what do you care. Bet if you were you would change your position real quick however.
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH to Anon

to Anon
Common sense would asking questions, not blatantly attacking those that got screwed and taking the side of the corporate behemoth.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by CLEVELTECH:

Common sense would asking questions, not blatantly attacking those that got screwed and taking the side of the corporate behemoth.
If this was something new maybe we would have questions, it isn't. Its been discussed to death a million times.

All questions have been answered accurately and without lies by other posters.

Hob
u235sentinel4
join:2007-02-06
West Jordan, UT

u235sentinel4 to bbitmaster

to bbitmaster

Dude, you're not alone. I've spoken with many people just like you who do heavy video streaming from the internet plus online gaming.. blah blah blah.

What does Comcast think we're going to do? The internet obviously is for multimedia to name one of many activities. After all, they are getting into the business of selling videos over the internet. I've been documenting this stuff on my blog now for some time.

»comcastissue.blogspot.com

I've been in contact with a journalist of a major TV news station who is investigating Comcast right now. He's interviewed several people I've found and sent to him. He's trying to find out why Comcast is dropping soo many people. I'm saving his contact information for later. I want this to be a surprise for Comcast

I'm beginning to believe Comcast is doing this because they want to reduce traffic in general so they can sell their videos. If they get rid of the top 1% let's say then they have much more bandwidth to provide this kind of service.

I've spoken with a couple of Internet Lawyers and the Attorney General here in Utah about a possible Fraud lawsuit. Specifically I wonder if a Judge would accept any once sided contract with hidden terms. Anyway. I've simply been researching. I'm not moving forward with a class action lawsuit... yet.

Oh and I've read about the arbitration clause. It's worthless. The FCC (or was that the FTC) won their lawsuit against Comcast stating simply signing up for their service isn't waving my rights to a Judge and trial. I've bookmarked the link. I'll find it and share if needed.

Anyway.. That's it. Got things to do today and people to see

Later I'll be uploading pics of my phone bill from December to my blog. Comcast's investigation revealed we had never contacted Customer Service for anything that month. My T-Mobile phone bill begs to differ. I've been accused of being dishonest. Guess what, I can prove everything I've said. It's amazing what metrics my Debian Linux firewall can capture

Oh and Utopianet is coming to Utah cities. After expericing this Comcastic moment I've taken it upon myself to make it happen. Thanks for providing me with the Ammunication needed Comcast!

Loker
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Fargo, ND

Loker

Premium Member

said by u235sentinel4:

What does Comcast think we're going to do? The internet obviously is for multimedia to name one of many activities.
the internet was never designed to be a multimedia delivery system.....
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH to u235sentinel4

to u235sentinel4

And thanks bud for contacting me. This fight is only beginning and like you I want this to be a big surprise (and headache) for Comcast. I'm getting at least 2 emails a day from former and current Comcast subscribers who are letting me know how they have been screwed and are dealing with the fraud that they pose. We're not going away and we're going to continue talking.
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH to Loker

to Loker
Well it's too late. It's rapidly becoming just that.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

1 edit

hobgoblin to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH

"I want this to be a big surprise (and headache) for Comcast"

Yeah no one from Comcast reads this site.....

Hob

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

1 edit

Wayne99021 to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH

You don't care that your 24/7 downloads could be causing problems for the people in your area and the system.
You are getting caught and are just trying to justify your abuse.

Get a T1,that would solve a lot of problems.

MrChupacabra
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Florida

1 edit

MrChupacabra

Premium Member

Keep in mind these are people who want 100Mb/100Mb unlimited bandwidth connections for $5/mo.

They wont pay for the cost of service that would better suit their needs.
CLEVELTECH

CLEVELTECH to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
Sure they don't.
CLEVELTECH

1 edit

CLEVELTECH to MrChupacabra

to MrChupacabra
Excuse me but if you read my past posts, I clearly stated that I was willing to pay more to have more bandwidth. I didn't have a problem with that.
CLEVELTECH

1 edit

CLEVELTECH to Wayne99021

to Wayne99021
Geez, why is it that it's only Comcast? What is is acceptable to you?

MrChupacabra
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Florida

2 edits

MrChupacabra to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH
said by CLEVELTECH:

Excuse me but if you read my past posts, I clearly stated that I was willing to pay more to have more bandwidth. I didn't have a problem with that.

Which comcast does not offer for residential users. They are not going to invent a new level of residential service because you don't want to set up new service else where.

If as you said you were using common sense and logic you ... would have bitten the bullet ordered your T1 line and then going on your merry way with your dedicated T1 connection and paying for what ever you happen to use for your bandwidth consumption.
CLEVELTECH

1 edit

CLEVELTECH

For the record, I did cutback my use, I wanted a T1 line AND I was willing to pay for it. Guess what? Neither the abuse rep NOR the Comcast service would not offer it. In fact neither one of them was helpful. All I'm doing is getting the word out to people who are unaware and need to know.
Why don't stop attacking and trying to discredit people like me just because you don't like what someone is saying and has experienced getting screwed from a greedy monopoly. Not everyone is that lucky. I have Verizon and they have been pretty good to me. Had I listened to my gut and done my homework, I would have never gotten Comcast, been screwed by them and on here being attacked by deaf ears like you.

And having a T1 would NOT make any difference whatsoever up here nor in other places where Comcast has booted off other users. Try listening instead of being prejudicial.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH
said by CLEVELTECH:

Sure they don't.
Believe you me....they do...and at the highest level

Hob
hobgoblin

1 recommendation

hobgoblin to CLEVELTECH

Premium Member

to CLEVELTECH
"I wanted a T1 line AND I was willing to pay for it. Guess what? Neither the abuse rep NOR the Comcast service would not offer it."

That would be because Comcast is a cable company not a Bell and do not offer Telco services.

Hob

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

2 edits

2 recommendations

Sunny to KranitzL

to KranitzL
This lock is either permanent or temporary. This space is reserved for further pontification by your pesky moderator.

Edit: That was too much like work. Hopefully, some of you have a better idea now about what is ok, what is not and won't need further clarification.

For those who don't, check the site posting rules and the forum posting rules, refrain from the personal remarks. Refrain from attempting to control what other people post by intimidation and derision. If you're tired of the subject, don't read the posts or even open the topic when you see those telltale signs in the title.

If you believe another poster is out of line, do not respond. Use the HeyMod button on the offending post to report that post.

If you believe the thread belongs in another forum, use the HeyMod button on the first post in the thread to report your opinion.

If we don't do as you ask, you may IM us privately to inquire, but comments about any disagreement with our actions/inactions are off topic posted in a public forum.

This forum is open to all discussion about the Comcast HSI and phone services. While differing opinions may be posted, attempts to silence opposing views will not be tolerated. If such is noted, use HeyMod, please.