I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 edit
reply to retiredcop96

Re: [Speed Problem] Regular Drops in Speed or Loss of Connection

I highly suggest the Siecor brand or Corning brand of External POTS Splitters as they also have surge/spike protection with fuses (see image) and twice the filtering electronics inside than a inline filter. I'm not familiar with the Opto-Tech #DSL600-PS Splitter at all (first time seeing it after having DSL for 7+ Years ) and it looks just like a filter in disguise to me since it appears to be similar in size. Filters are nearly useless in comparison to a true Splitter.

As to the wire to use, just the standard CAT5 would be fine and is available in bulk at many locations.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

retiredcop96

join:2005-06-25
Rohnert Park, CA

Well, then, I guess that should do it. Now, if it doesn't decide to make up for lost time and rain for the next 40 days and 40 nights.

Have a good weekend. We're going to make the most of the visit to the oncologist and spend the night before in the City By the Bay. We're going to celebrate Valentine's Day a bit early and avoid the rush.

Unless I run into problems, I'll probably be back when it comes time to re-term in June. At the risk of being repetitive and redundant, thanks again for the the patient detailed help.

Gerry

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

Keep us informed on what you find with the DSL Stats from the NID test results as that really should be done as soon as possible. Weather permitting of course.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to retiredcop96

[OT]Rain has started out here in the Bay Area and is suppose to go thru Saturday.

Running off to hide for going OT.