Part one: »Free MBP (well, almost)

hyperjoe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Gates Mills, OH

1 edit

hyperjoe

Premium Member

I would like to begin this thread saying enema and good luck getting the MBP!

DrewCapu
Giant Diehard
join:2001-12-19
California

DrewCapu to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
I guess it wasn't really a myth?
jeff12345
join:2007-02-01

jeff12345 to hyperjoe

to hyperjoe
Yes, and I would like to say "Hi" to the CSR girl in India, and her kids, who I could hear playing in the background. While I was on the phone with her trying to cancel my PeoplePC account.

jayco4376
Premium Member
join:2001-08-11
Lincoln, NE

jayco4376 to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Ummm, I guess I'll post this here.

I think maybe the reason my order was delayed was that I used a PO Box for all of my offers, but had to use a real address for my W9. I'm thinking maybe that set some kind of flag off, but I never received a call or email other than the email telling me to give a real address. I can't think of any other reason why, except that maybe someone at the nuitech office hates me. :P

hyperjoe
Premium Member
Gates Mills, OH

hyperjoe to jeff12345

Premium Member

to jeff12345
You need to get out more often. Perhaps we can combine our powers and talents and take over the indian girl population via phone.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to tmpchaos

MVM,

to tmpchaos
tmp: maybe you could repost the fist first posts from acadiel in this thread (the ones where he gave the recommendations and the link to the site). It'll help newbies.

DrewCapu
Giant Diehard
California

DrewCapu

reply to DavisPhotog
said by SurfTheSky:

Also, here's an interesting issue. I signed up for the NYT offer, but accidentally made a $1 virtual credit card instead of a $4 credit card. I've gotten an order confirmation from NYT and I should be getting newspapers soon, but at the same time, they haven't posted credit yet. Anybody know how that works? If it clears, and columbia house clears, I'm one step closer (or maybe two?) to a new MBP!
I'm on Day 4 or 5 since I signed up for NYT and no CC charge yet, but I got the first paper yesterday. I'll check if today's is there...

elderrain
Im from Cuba MANG
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
Massena, NY

elderrain to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
said by Thinkdiff:

tmp: maybe you could repost the fist first posts from acadiel in this thread (the ones where he gave the recommendations and the link to the site). It'll help newbies.
said by acadiel:

(small thumbnails)
For those of you who remember my Free Mac Mini »Guess what the UPS man dropped off today? back in January, I went ahead and tried for the Free MacBook pro giveaway the same company is doing (on a different website they own.)

I just got my gall bladder removed, so I've been not really mobile, so I figured what they hey and started the MacBook pro offer. The scam.com thread on it is here: »www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=14504

According to the screen snapshot, they got my "voucher" (which you get for completing 18 "trials"). Hopefully I'll have it within a month - the 15" ones are kind of scarce in the Ingram Micro supply chain, though.

For all the 18 offers, I think I've only been charged around $111 so far. Not bad for a $2000 laptop.

I'll post pics when I receive it!

Some tips if any of you want to do this:
1) Get a free e-fax number and give that as your contact number. These businesses LOVE calling you.
2) Get a Citi card that allows you to generate 1-time use Virtual Credit card numbers. That way if any of the sites are shady, they can't use up your whole credit line.
3) Get a disposable e-mail address you don't mind deactivating after you are done. I am getting 200+ SPAM a day in the one that I used for this promotion.
4) Pay attention to the trial periods on some of these offers! If you don't want to keep the subscription/product, cancel within the alloted time before they charge you full price!

All in all, I got some relatively useful stuff - my wife got some cosmetics, the kids each got enrolled in a book club, I got a postage meter for 3 months free (with $30 postage that I will pay for, but I will use for selling stuff on e-bay), etc.
Here is how it worked for me.

You sign up with your (hopefully disposable) e-mail address and phone number, and put your address in on the web page:

»www.computer-offer.com/rd_p?p=10···ok%20pro

They will give you a short survey to which you answer "no" to everything, and then they will give you three pages of offers. The first page will have 3 offers, the second 6 offers, and the third 9 offers. I would work backwards from the last page, since it has the hardest offers. (If you do some of the easier offers that are on page 1 or 2 then you might be screwed on page 3.)

You do have to spend initial postage/shipping and sometime refundable fees for these offers, but they will likely cost you $200 or so. After completing every offer, keep every e-mail (order status, etc.) and print out every screen snapshot for each order so that if a problem arises where they don't credit you, that you can fax the proof that you did the offer.

They have a page where you keep track of which offers go 'completed' and which ones haven't. Once all 18 offers 'complete' then you get a shipping voucher/1099 form. You go get this notarized and mail it to the company (NuiTech). When they receive it, they will process a shipping request, and your laptop will be on its way from 3-6 weeks. (Yeah, they send you a 1099 that you have to put on your taxes.)

Yeah, its a lot of record keeping and stuff (I just print the order confirmation web pages, e-mails, etc, to PDF and keep them in a folder), but if you have the time, its worth it. You also have to cancel some offers (some you can cancel on the web, some you need to ship stuff back, and some you have to cancel on the phone.)

The Mac Mini that I did in January was 8 offers, and I received it like a week or two after they processed my voucher and issued the shipping order. Due to the short-stock at Ingram Micro (and all its resellers), the 15" ones might take the full 6 weeks.

SurfTheSky
Flyingphotog
MVM
join:2001-08-26
Fairfax, CA

SurfTheSky to DrewCapu

MVM

to DrewCapu
said by DrewCapu:

reply to DavisPhotog
said by SurfTheSky:

Also, here's an interesting issue. I signed up for the NYT offer, but accidentally made a $1 virtual credit card instead of a $4 credit card. I've gotten an order confirmation from NYT and I should be getting newspapers soon, but at the same time, they haven't posted credit yet. Anybody know how that works? If it clears, and columbia house clears, I'm one step closer (or maybe two?) to a new MBP!
I'm on Day 4 or 5 since I signed up for NYT and no CC charge yet, but I got the first paper yesterday. I'll check if today's is there...
I'll cancel after the first issue, just so that I got what I paid for and nothing more.

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

1 edit

BellBoy to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Have I missed anyone??

Received MBP:
acadiel (12/28)
jmirabella (2/1)
bpfremm (2/2)
bellboy (2/5)
ih pets (2/6)
cyrus369 (2/6)
**drobi78 (2/8)**

In fulfillment:
oxygenthief (1/9)
bpfremm (1/16)
jmirabella (1/19)
cyrus369 (1/23)
ih pets (1/24)
bellboy (1/25)
drobi78 (1/30)
pacificamark (1/31)
thinkdiff (1/31)
rkwochoski (1/31)
nwkewr (1/31)
gigathlete (1/31)
steelysteel (2/2)
shavano (2/7)

Received voucher:
thinkdiff (1/22)
nwkewr (1/22)
rkwochoski (1/24)
pacificamark (1/25)
gigathlete (1/25)
steelysteel (1/25)
all4jo (2/2)
itstime7 (2/2)
beastliest (2/2)
jakedos (2/3)
elias (2/4)
ridered (2/5)
jeff12345 (2/6)
neonsock (2/6)
marky d (2/6)
buckyboy (2/7)
tydaking (2/7)
**nklb (2/8)**
**macaholic (2/8)**
**shadow01 (2/8)**

Keep in mind that I've only gone by the thread, so if anyone here can update their status to help the others with wait times feel free.
BellBoy

BellBoy to jayco4376

Premium Member

to jayco4376
said by jayco4376:

Ummm, I guess I'll post this here.

I think maybe the reason my order was delayed was that I used a PO Box for all of my offers, but had to use a real address for my W9. I'm thinking maybe that set some kind of flag off, but I never received a call or email other than the email telling me to give a real address. I can't think of any other reason why, except that maybe someone at the nuitech office hates me. :P
Shouldn't matter dude...I did the exact same thing. You need to use a street address for the MBP since it's shipped via UPS.

DrewCapu
Giant Diehard
California

DrewCapu

reply to ThinkDiff
said by Thinkdiff:
NYT credits when they start sending the papers. I NEVER got charged for NYTs.
Did anyone here get a charge from NYT?

GilbertMark
Premium Member
join:2001-05-02
Gilbert, AZ

2 edits

GilbertMark to DrewCapu

Premium Member

to DrewCapu
said by DrewCapu:

reply to DavisPhotog
I didn't get completed until I received the third paper I think.

I got charged $4.99 (or was it just $4) and refunded $3.03 I think.

BrushedTooth
Remember To Shop Smart Shop S Mart
join:2001-02-12
Westerville, OH

2 edits

BrushedTooth to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Whats with the John Alexander offer, I filled out the needed information the page reloaded and all it shows different is two yellow borders with the word success in red. No other confirmation, or email???? Is this normal?

I wasn't going to do this one, but sunrocket never cleared and its been a week and the same with the wine. I canceled the temp # for the wine since it is a pain, and John Alexander is the last deal I can do on that page.

EDIT: Credit card is already showing a pending charge so who knows...I also never go anything from videoprofessor not an email or anything.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to tmpchaos

MVM,

to tmpchaos
Well, No MBP tonight

Maybe tomorrow.
jeff12345
join:2007-02-01

jeff12345

I hope drobi78 posts some pics of his new MBP. I love when people do that, makes me feel like it'll really happen for me.

jayco4376
Premium Member
join:2001-08-11
Lincoln, NE

jayco4376 to BellBoy

Premium Member

to BellBoy
I guess we'll have to go with theory #2.
macaholic
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Jackson Heights, NY

macaholic to DrewCapu

Premium Member

to DrewCapu
said by DrewCapu:

reply to ThinkDiff
said by Thinkdiff:
NYT credits when they start sending the papers. I NEVER got charged for NYTs.
Did anyone here get a charge from NYT?
NYT 4 bucks

SurfTheSky
Flyingphotog
MVM
join:2001-08-26
Fairfax, CA

SurfTheSky

MVM

I wonder if I should try to call them and correct my CC info....

hyperjoe
Premium Member
Gates Mills, OH

hyperjoe to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
What version is the MBP duo? Specs?

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34 to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
said by hyperjoe :

reply to Johnny
Page 1 has 5 offers, 2 more than what NKLB posted.
I just want the 3 that completed. Why do I care about the other 2?
Add to the instant ones on page 1-Everday Values.
Huh?
Now, the offers on page 1, 2, and 3 can sometimes be offerd on different pages.
Sure, but if they complete, I don't care what page they are on, do I?
There is no real scientific way of doing the Johnny. Good luck.
I have to understand it before I can do it. And so far I'm understanding less and less so I will hold off.

GilbertMark
Premium Member
join:2001-05-02
Gilbert, AZ

GilbertMark

Premium Member

Come on, who is going to be first to post pictures in this thread?

DrewCapu
Giant Diehard
California

DrewCapu to Johnny34

to Johnny34
said by Johnny34:

Sure, but if they complete, I don't care what page they are on, do I?
If you go by the theory that Page 1 and Page 2 are all easy offers, it's better to just concentrate on Page 3 first since those are, generally, the harder offers (or just more expensive). If I had stuck to only Page 3 offers before starting Page 1 or 2 I would've been able to use the easy $1 Bargain Network offer when it went to page 3 instead of using it early when it was still only on Page 1.
beastliest
join:2007-02-08
Baltimore, MD

beastliest

I got my voucher 2/2, sent it in 2/3 and it was received 2/6. But no word on going into fulfillment yet.

I wish they'd hurry up.

USAOwnz
RIP dadkins
Premium Member
join:2003-11-15
P.R.C.

USAOwnz to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Can't decide between offers. Looks like it might cost me more, ah well beats $2000.
syncmastr21
join:2007-02-09

syncmastr21 to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Sent my voucher in 2/8. Sent it usps certified mail $4.64. Thanks for the help guys.

NwkEWR
Spare Me the Marxist B.S.
Premium Member
join:2002-04-10
Newark, NJ

NwkEWR to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

Well, No MBP tonight

Maybe tomorrow.
Let's hope so, it sure looks like we...

pacificamark (1/31)
thinkdiff (1/31)
rkwochoski (1/31)
nwkewr (1/31)
gigathlete (1/31)

...are just about DUE. I hope mine is shipped via UPS, the fellow that services my area knows that I work nights and doesn't bring me any packages till after 2:00 PM and carries them up to my unit's door (I'm on a 4th floor), the same is done by my DHL courier, needles to say I never forget to tip them for Christmas, the FedEx guy however shows up around 10:00 in the morning, (which is the equivalent of 4:00 AM for a day person) and is not flexible at all, no Christmas tip for him.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma to GilbertMark

Premium Member

to GilbertMark
said by GilbertMark:

I think TD did in the last thread but I'm still waiting for the lick pics.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
Bronx, NY

1 recommendation

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by Coma:
said by GilbertMark:

I think TD did in the last thread but I'm still waiting for the lick pics.

Nope.. No pictures yet. I'm hoping tomorrow though!