uniqs

JerryC23
Character Counts 40,41,43

join:1999-10-08
Humble, TX

JerryC23

Re: Mac the BA DSL Guy

Pardon my ignorance.
No, what I should say is "Help me reduce a part of my ignorance.
What is "BA"? I've assumed it was Bell Atlantic.
If so, why the office on Houston?
Personal requirements - such as availability, pay scale, etc? Other cost considerations? Hours?
Just curious. Thanks and good luck.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

Heh. I went back and clarified that.. not doing my editor job very well..
yep BA = Bell Atlantic.
yep BA uses workers in Houston!
Kapow666
join:2000-06-17
Lutherville Timonium, MD

Kapow666 to JerryC23

to JerryC23
Why Houston? If you want a good operational definition of the term "draconian", check out the State employment laws in both Texas & Virginia, especially those regarding the "Right To Work".
System

to JerryC23

Anon

to JerryC23

Answer.

BA outsourced the tech to Getronics/Wang, who in turn outsourced the staffing to a temp agency. Getronics/Wang is located in Houston, hench "Why Houston?".

I cannot give out my personal hours and days off (for privacy and retaliation from BA intrests), but there are three shifts. Day, Night, and Graveyard. All are 8 hours (8 1/2 with our measy 30 minute lunch). Payscale for techs starts at 10 an hour, which is not bad for this area of the world.

I hope that answers your question.

mikeeo
Premium Member
join:2000-03-12
Newark, DE

mikeeo to justin

Premium Member

to justin

Re: Mac the BA DSL Guy

Well east coast wages are ALOT hire than in Texas most people in the south will work for 10hr where on the east coast u can't get them to work for less than 15hr with a 2k sign on bonus. Studies have shown that 1 out 3 Technical people on the east coast are truely good at what they do, that figure is more like 1 out of 10 in the south.
System

to JerryC23

Anon

to JerryC23
I WORK FOR BA IN CANADA