spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

namedjohn

@igloohost.com

What is the pricing?

the promotional (1st year only) prices for dslextreme are 12.95, 17.95, and 32.95. what do these 3 promotional prices become after the 1 year term has expired?

Zak_D_H
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:4

After a year you can either start a new contract at whatever the current promotional rate is at the time or go to whatever the current month to month pricing is at the time. Both the month to month and promotional prices vary so I cant give you an exact number.

zbestwun2001

join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA
reply to namedjohn

So you are saying I don't have to cancel this account, wait 2 weeks and get a new account.

This is what I have read, otherwise the pri$es go sky high. The promotional prices, I was told were for new customers only.

Can you please clarify that?

Thanks
Steve

Zak_D_H
Premium
Salt Lake City, UT

You don't have to cancel and sign up again. We offer promotional rates for our existing customers that are usually as good and sometimes better then the rate they started with if they are willing to renew they're contract.

When your contract is almost up you should get an E-mail reminding you that your contract is about to expire and explaining what promotional rates are available to you if you renew your contract.

If you don't renew your contract then your DSL will automatically go to the month-to-month rate. Even if this happens you could call us and start a new contract at any time with a cheaper rate then the normal month-to-month pricing.
--
Zak

Tech Support

DSLExtreme

TE
I must crunch

join:2006-05-07
Yorba Linda, CA

Hmmm... I just received my renewal notice on the 9th and followed the instructions and renewed my contract last night via the account manager. I stayed with the 1500/384 dynamic package that I was paying 12.95/mo but now that package is 19.95/mo.

My father renewed his contract in January and his original 1500/384 dynamic plan was 14.95/mo and it went to 19.95/mo. He called in to renew and was not given the option to renew with promotional rates. He said he believes that when he signed up he was told that after the year he could renew at promotional rates but I told him I didn't think so based on what I have read here in the past.

Have things changed? If so, I'd like to renew at the promotional rate. I hope it's not too late. I just submitted my renewal request last night at 11:00 pm.

Tim

Bill
Premium,VIP
join:2001-12-09

I had the same thing happen to me on my 1500/384 plan (Verizon). I had it for $29.95/month and when my contract came up for renewal the lowest price I could get on it was $39.95.

I ended up upgrading to the 3000/768 plan, which was also offered for that same price.

Zak_D_H
Premium
Salt Lake City, UT
reply to TE

When you signed up your Price was 12.95 for the speed you signed up for. You were able to renew your Contract for 19.95 which is still much cheaper then the month to month rate and you didn't have to pay any renewal fee. When your contract comes up for renewal you may not get the same price that brand new customers get but you will all-ways get a better deal if you renew your contract than if you just let your account go to month-to-month pricing. Month-to-month pricing is around 35 dollars a month for the speed you are on.

Even if you canceled your account and waited 2 weeks and signed up again your still technically an existing customer and wouldn't qualify for the 12.95 rate that brand new customers get. 19.95 is still an incredible deal for 1.5mbps DSL.
--
Zak

Tech Support

DSLExtreme

TE
I must crunch

Yorba Linda, CA

Don't get me wrong, When I renewed my contract last night I was expecting to go to the 19.95/mo. for the 1500/384 dynamic package. My dad just did it and from what I have read here from other users renewing. I'm just a little confused, You said that DSLX offer promotional rates for existing customers. Maybe I'm mistaken but isn't the promotional rate for the 1500/384 dynamic plan $12.95?

TE
I must crunch

Yorba Linda, CA

I see I've made a mistake. I just looked at the pricing and the 12.95/mo is for 768/384 package. My current plan (1500/384) is 17.95/mo.

Two dollars less than what I agreed to last night ... Is it worth it? Thats 24 dollars a year ... DSLX is a great ISP. I wouldn't mind it too badly.

namedjohn

@igloohost.com
reply to Zak_D_H

interesting.. is credit card the only method of payment you allow? what about cash and checks? do you accept those? also, is there an additional charge for receiving paper invoices by physical mail?

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to Zak_D_H

quote:
Even if you canceled your account and waited 2 weeks and signed up again your still technically an existing customer and wouldn't qualify for the 12.95 rate that brand new customers get.
Is that new policy? There are lots of us who have cancelled and re-ordered to get "new customer" promotional rates.
--
Laser eye surgery rocks! I love frickin' laser beams.

dslextreme2
Premium
join:2001-02-23
Canoga Park, CA

It's a relatively new policy.

esasaki

join:2002-04-24
Long Beach, CA
reply to namedjohn

I think part of the confusion is that folks tend to think that the renewal promotional rate is going to be as good as the new customer promotional rate. I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that even if you stay at the same speed, you're almost always going to pay more than you did during the promotional period.

The "current promotional rate" will be cheaper than the rate without a contract, but it's still going to be higher.

Believe me, I know. Verizon stuck it to me for quite a while. After my contract went month-to-month, I was paying $39.95/mo. for 768/128. If I signed a contract, they would drop it down to $29.95/mo.--still a far cry from the head-to-head new customer promo against SBC at $14.95/mo at the "slow" speed.

But it wasn't even the price that made me leave them. I would have paid more for a faster connection, but they wouldn't upgrade me from Frame Relay to ATM without me leaving, waiting, and re-signing up. If DSL was such that the LEC could be bypassed, I would, but unfortunately, I guess VZ gets their money from me anyway.

Premium
join:2006-05-17
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:2
reply to dslextreme2

said by dslextreme2:

It's a relatively new policy.
instituted by dslextreme or at&t?

blacksurfer

join:2002-07-14
Sherman Oaks, CA
reply to dslextreme2

Re: "Even if you canceled your account and waited 2 weeks and signed up again your still technically an existing customer and wouldn't qualify for the 12.95 rate that brand new customers get."

This is not good! People will leave for another ISP.

tonyduan

join:2003-05-25
San Jose, CA
reply to TE

Hi TE,

How did you manage to get $17.95/mo for the (1500/384) plan? I was told I would have to pay $19.95/mo for this plan if I renew my contract.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17

Tony, take a look at Zak's post »Re: What is the pricing?

Does that answer your question?

TE
I must crunch

Yorba Linda, CA

1 recommendation

reply to tonyduan

tonyduan,

I'm not getting a better deal than you would. I'm currently paying $19.95 for the dynamic 1500/384 package. My confusion was that they said renewing customers could get promotional pricing. The current promotional price is $17.95 for 1500/384 but this is the "New Customer" Promotional price. The "Existing Customer" promotional price is $19.95. It's still a great deal and beats paying the month to month rate.

dslx_tech
Premium
join:2005-10-03
Salt Lake City, UT

1 recommendation

reply to namedjohn

quote:
It's still a great deal and beats paying the month to month rate
That's exactly the point. Most telcos (and by effect, DSL providers) offer promotional rates as an incentive for new customers to try out their DSL service. If you choose to continue service after the promotional period, you can renew your contract at a set price, or you can continue without the contract at the current monthly rate.

Usually, the renewal rate is slightly higher than the promotional rate offered to new customers, but lower than the standard monthly rate we offer for the same plan.

As was mentioned above, you will always get an e-mail to your registered contact e-mail address with us approximately one month prior to your contract expiration which will remind you that your contract is about to expire and inform you of what plans are available to you, as well as the cost to renew with one of those plans. If you choose not to renew your contract at that time, then you will automatically be charged the current monthly after your contract expires.

Remember, there are several factors that influence DSL prices, one of the most obvious being the cost to the underlying line provider. We do our best here to keep the prices competitive and provide you the best value for the dollar -- not to mention top-notch technical support

--
Michael
Technical Support Supervisor
DSLExtreme
Will work for reviews.