Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

richardpor
Fur it up

join:2003-04-19
Portland, OR

The Real Issue

Let me put plain English it was not for DRM one person would buy a song 200 would Bit Torrent it because of some notion music should be free. Do not give me the flack oh I would pay if there was no DRM. You do give rats’ ass about screwing over producer as long as you got yours.

GilbertMark
Premium
join:2001-05-02
Gilbert, AZ

Just a tool CEO trying to keep his company profitable. Let's get an INDEPENDENT party to chime in.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
Premium,MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA
kudos:18

2 recommendations

reply to richardpor

Hate to tell you this, even WITH the DRM, files do get shared.

DRM does nothing. When the newest protection scheme gets beat down in a week, or sooner, it cost EVERYONE more for... nothing!

Lost cause really.
At some point, the media has to be able to be played, right?
Well, if it plays, it can be copied!
--
Think outside the Fox... Opera

herbk

@pacbell.net
reply to GilbertMark

quote:
Similarly, consumers who want to consume content on only a single device can pay less than those who want to use it across all of their entertainment areas – vacation homes, cars, different devices and remotely.
F!@#ing scary. Just because you will have the technology to do this does not make it right. Once this type of sceme goes into effect I will have no reservations about pirating.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

2 edits
reply to richardpor

said by richardpor:

Let me put plain English it was not for DRM one person would buy a song 200 would Bit Torrent it because of some notion music should be free. Do not give me the flack oh I would pay if there was no DRM. You do give rats' ass about screwing over producer as long as you got yours.
Wasn't plain English, but anyway. Aren't people already bit torrenting and limewiring everything anyway? Can't see how removing the DRM would make things worse for that industry. But what do I know.
--
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates - 1981