All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

greg_b
@Level3.net

greg_b

Anon

Looking for software to help me organize my messy desktop?

Anyone know of a preferably free program that could allow me to switch between different desktops? It could be the same Windows background, but with different icons and programs on each desktop?

I want to have a way to organize my cluttered desktop, but by having a second or even third possible desktop I can switch between. I might be less likely to forget about all the stuff I have that way.

Right now I have almost 100 shortcuts, files, folders and programs that I somehow just can't get off my desktop for one reason or the other and if I put them in some folder somewhere, I'll probably just forget about them, so I need a better way to organize all my stuff.

Any takers on this one? Freeware is best but I will look into any payware stuff if it's worth the investment.

Thanks very much.

GB

ABL1
join:2005-12-20

ABL1

Microsoft has a virtual desktop manager. Go here »www.microsoft.com/window ··· oys.mspx

then scroll down , its near the bottom.

greg_b
@Level3.net

greg_b to greg_b

Anon

to greg_b
Thanks Alphablue, I'll look into it. But as I was searching for virtual desktop manager I came across this »www.dexpot.de/ Dexpot seems to be very well liked where ever I go. It gets good ratings at sites like download.com. It seems to be completely free and no spyware/adware. So far it looks to be superior to Windows PowerToys. It allows up to 20 virtual desktops. So I thought you guys may want to have a look at it yourselves. I think I may have found the winner.

ABL1
join:2005-12-20

ABL1

Nice find!

Rxdoxx

join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD

1 recommendation

Rxdoxx to greg_b

to greg_b
With the release of Version 1.3, Dexpot has evolved to a time and money consuming hobby (maintenance costs for software and internet presence). Nevertheless we offer Dexpot 1.4 as freeware to our private users. To cover our expenses, Dexpot has to be licensed for commercial use - we're addressing especially companies here - for a minor fee.

Thank you

egood71
You Gotta Love It
Premium Member
join:2000-08-28
Defuniak Springs, FL

egood71 to greg_b

Premium Member

to greg_b
Very nice find!!!