Premium Member
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

lorennerol to Michieru2

Premium Member

to Michieru2

Re: Speakeasy 2.0

said by Michieru2:

Maybe I am just being naive, but I have been proven wrong before and if Speakeasy has the possibility to launch a WiMAX network, then so be it.

This is what I would like to call Speakeasy 2.0
Speakeasy sold their WiMax network a few weeks ago. As far as I know they never offered a non-beta service over it.

»seattletimes.nwsource.co ··· m30.html

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
Miami, FL

Michieru2

Premium Member

From the article

"In addition, the two companies agreed to create a partnership in which Speakeasy will resell Towerstream's wireless broadband in the seven markets where it operates. Details of the partnership and financial terms of the sale were not disclosed."

But they are sharing there network's in exchange. So Speakeasy has just acquired reselling privileges of Towerstream's wireless broadband which is fixed WiMAX solutions.

b4
@sprintlink.net

b4

Anon

Re: Speakeasy 2.0 - IPO - via Girls gone Wild

So Towerstream merges with University Girls Calendar (Shell) and trades on the over the counter and does a deal with Speakeasy. WOW sounds like a WiMAX power house - University Girls + Towers + Speakeasy = Bruce is Brilliant.
Who couldn't believe in SLAs from the Girls Calendar at a Speakeasy?

On January 12, 2007, Towerstream completed a merger with a wholly-owned subsidiary of University Girls Calendar ("UGC"), a publicly traded shell company. As a result of the transaction, the former owners of Towerstream became the controlling stockholders of UGC and UGC changed its name to Towerstream Corporation. Accordingly, the merger of Towerstream and UGC constitutes a reverse merger.

bhan261
join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

bhan261

This is not an uncommon financial ploy...merging with a "shell" public company in order to "go public" on the cheap. Many have done it...some with remarkable success...but I think the general feeling on "the Street" is that when a company does this, it's because they don't have the financial wherewithall to enter the public markets in a more traditional manner, i.e. IPO. For me, this isn't a sign of strength so I don't hold out great hope for the longterm viability of the company.