Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium
join:2003-02-20
Charlotte, NC
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to ftthz

Re: thought that competition would lower prices

Everyone (cable and telco) knows that people will pay so they continue to raise rates, every year we bitch and moan about prices but did any of us quit using high speed internet or cable TV?
--
"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious."- Alan Minter, Boxer"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."- Britney Spears, Pop Singer

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD

1 recommendation

said by Chiyo:

Everyone (cable and telco) knows that people will pay so they continue to raise rates, every year we bitch and moan about prices but did any of us quit using high speed internet or cable TV?
not much you can do when there is no choice; I can only get cable for broadband - no dsl, no fiber, no BPL, no wireless.

and it's pretty clear from the rate increases that two wireline cable TV competitors isn't going to discipline prices.

all in all, broadband and TV pretty fvked up in the U.S.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

1 edit
reply to Chiyo
said by Chiyo:

did any of us quit using high speed internet or cable TV?
I lowered my internet connection speed and had my cable TV disconnected within the last couple months.

dr3yec

join:2002-12-19
I havnt paid for tv in 10 years. This the exact reason why. Well and of course terrible analog signal. I will stay with my free to air satellite. There prices are much better. Comcast can jump off a bridge before I will ever pay them for tv.

jansberg

join:2004-06-25
Portland, OR

1 recommendation

reply to Maxo
said by Maxo:

I lowered my internet connection speed and had my cable TV disconnected within the last couple months.
Comcast also raised rates in Oregon so I cancelled my service, then went to Circuit City and bought a tv tuner card and antenna. Even though I miss Comedy Central and the Sci Fi channel I'm already happy with my decision because I never realized that almost all of the shows I watch are network anyway.

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA
reply to nasadude
It's time to go back to rabbit ears.
All companies will charge as much as people are willing to pay (market will support), or as much as they can competitively get away with.

bobb cobb

@swbell.net

1 recommendation

reply to jansberg
Same here. I would rather watch hdtv over the air with rabbit ears than compressed cable.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Maxo
So did I but not because my provider[cox] jacked up hsi $5 but because i wasnt getting what i was paying for.
--
You can never be too rich, too thin or have too much Bandwidth

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to bobb cobb
said by bobb cobb :

Same here. I would rather watch hdtv over the air with rabbit ears than compressed cable.
Same here, but I had to buy a bowtie antenna (3o miles) since rabbit ear type was too weak.