Again?

JTRockville
Data Ho
Premium Member
join:2002-01-28
Rockville, MD

JTRockville

Premium Member

Your news item was about NJ prices. This one is about VA/DC/MD. So it looks like you'll only get one increase this quarter.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

I know, but it doesn't seem like Comcast is taking FIOS all that seriously. They should be.
nozzer
join:2004-06-25
Winchester, MA

nozzer

Verizon are a big fat stupid company. On this basis alone, they are unlikely to provide true competition.

I want to be able to choose what channels i want. Theres an awful lot of garbage channels, and they need to stand on their own 2 feet, rather than be subsidized by the more successful ones.

JTRockville
Data Ho
Premium Member
Rockville, MD

JTRockville to Morac

Premium Member

to Morac
said by Morac:

I know, but it doesn't seem like Comcast is taking FIOS all that seriously. They should be.
I dunno Morac See Profile. Comcast is making money hand-over-fist, and that's what they're in business to do. Why on earth would they change a formula that's proven to work?

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

said by JTRockville:

I dunno Morac See Profile. Comcast is making money hand-over-fist, and that's what they're in business to do. Why on earth would they change a formula that's proven to work?
True, but they've never really had to deal with competition before. I'm not sure they know how to handle that, especially since they were trying to lobby to keep Verizon's TV service out of NJ.

JTRockville
Data Ho
Premium Member
Rockville, MD

JTRockville

Premium Member

I think they're handling impending competition by gouging customers now. The few who leave for FiOS are barely a drop in the bucket for now - and now is all that matters.

Besides, think how devastating it would have been for FiOS if Comcast had joined the battle armed with satisfied customers.