Search similar:

uniqs
nranieri
join:2005-01-03
Massapequa, NY

1 recommendation

nranieri

Don't forget the content providers

Of course, broadband pricing is different, but for TV pricing a good part of your monthly fees go to content providers. It's not like HBO, Disney, GE, Viacom, etc. are lowering prices.
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
join:2004-09-07
united state

b10010011

This is that part that always bugged me. I mean Comcast is the largest cable company in the nation. To me it's Comcast that hold all the cards. Why dosent Comcast say to HBO, Disney, GE, Viacom, etc. "We will give you X$ for your content" take it or build your own cable network.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc

There is no incentive for Comcast (or anyone) to tell the content providers to go pound sand when the customers (that's you and me) just continue paying more each month. What is the downside?

Until people start canceling services and/or downgrading packages when rates go up, they'll just keep going up.

phattieg
join:2001-04-29
Winter Park, FL

phattieg

said by RadioDoc:

There is no incentive for Comcast (or anyone) to tell the content providers to go pound sand when the customers (that's you and me) just continue paying more each month. What is the downside?

Until people start canceling services and/or downgrading packages when rates go up, they'll just keep going up.
I agree, I say YouTube and Google Video should be our new cable TV content provider. I mean, they get me exclusive coverage of Saddam's hanging before the press even had it. It has lots of funny stuff you can't get elsewhere, and even the episodes of OC that my roommate loves. Not to mention, who needs DVR when you're streaming it?

richardpor
Fur it up
join:2003-04-19
Portland, OR

richardpor to b10010011

to b10010011
The problem is If Comcast tries to put its foot down, media companies would bypass the cable companies and appeal directly to the consumer. Some time ago, Comcast tried to oppose Viacom, Viacom threatened to take down popular chancels and started to run tickers during shows and commercials encouraging consumers to call their cable companies and demand to keep the channels. I believe either them or Disney removed some of the channels and consumers raised a big stink to the point Comcast had to back down.