Mouthy Broad
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Nerdvana

MsTerra to vaxvms

Premium Member

to vaxvms

Re: [All] Forum mascot?

As a native of the inland portion of New England, I would prefer something other than a shellfish or another emblem of Cape Cod and the popular vacation areas of southern Maine. There's so much more to New England than coastlines and boiled lobster.

I could get on board with a Maine coon, though. I happen to have one who isn't doing anything at the moment.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah

Click for full size
Only one I have
I thought of that too Ms Terra... Don't see any Green Mountain Boys/ Kingdom of VT people here, and RI is suspiciously absent. A Minuteman statue from the averaging of geographic/population centers of New England might be the best. "Don't Tread on Me" kinda thingy

MsTerra
Mouthy Broad
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Nerdvana

MsTerra

Premium Member

I like that one.

I think more than just changing the forum title we really need to be appealing to BBR New Englanders who may have been giving it a miss when it was the Boston forum. We all know that Boston is the Hub of the Universe, but broadening the appeal of this forum probably means shifting the focus a bit.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah

Click for full size
New England Flag
There IS a "Flag of New England" according to the North American Vexillogical Association. I swined it, "this is a swined image, I put it here realizing it is probably copyrighted, don't waste time suing me, I have nothing of value, Capecoddah" (OK, I have a few flags they might want, but they might be nice and let us use this)I'm so poor I can't pay attention... I'd love to join this thingy, but after all the historical societies I pay into, NEVA is too much. (I'm gonna try to buy the flag through a company I worked for though, I got my tax reFUNd today, more flags~).
capecoddah

capecoddah

addy , I better, those Vexies are mean without dues!

»www.midcoast.com/~martucci/neva/