rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

rfnut to PDXPLT

Premium Member

to PDXPLT

Re: Check out www.theangellady.net

Are you sure there are no ill effects. Maybe her insanity was caused by a UHF station. For that matter maybe we are all insane, besides I would be more worried about AM stations. Proximity to the antenna is much closer. Maybe she walked up and grabbed an AM tower when she was young.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

1 recommendation

Maxo

Premium Member

said by rfnut:

Maybe her insanity was caused by a UHF station.
My guess is good ole fashion crack rock. It works every time.

rawgerz
The hell was that?
Premium Member
join:2004-10-03
Grove City, PA

rawgerz to PDXPLT

Premium Member

to PDXPLT
said by PDXPLT:

I'd like to add this to the discussion: if 1W Wi-Fi AP's, and 50W cell phone base stations are so dangerous, how come there's all these 3,000,000 W EIRP UHF TV stations operating all these decades, with no ill-effects?!
Many Consumer routers operate at 50mW, or 1/20th of a Watt

And it's basically overkill to use a whole watt on a wifi AP.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to PhoenixAZ

Premium Member

to PhoenixAZ

Re: radiation is radiation?

said by PhoenixAZ:
said by Tomek:

I also wonder how many of them have wireless phones at home. 2.4GHz is the most common if I'm not mistaken. The only people who have a valid excuse for making anti-wifi statements are amish,
And watching the news after the school shooting tradgedy, the amish were using laptops.
Milk and Cream is a serious business, the amish from what ive heard are pretty modern in the barn(phones, computers and refrigeration), but maintain tradition in the home.

elvey
Spamassassin
join:2001-02-17
San Francisco, CA

elvey to sweintz

to sweintz
If you put your tongue across *both* terminals of a 9V, it won't kill you or do any real damage, AFAIK. Unless you jump back from the sharp tingle and fall or something!

It's amazing how well society runs given the constituents. Are people just innately this stupid, or is it poor schooling that makes them such an embarrassment to themselves? Or is it willful ignorance in furtherance of some other cause?

rawgerz
The hell was that?
Premium Member
join:2004-10-03
Grove City, PA

rawgerz

Premium Member

A 9V has enough mA to kill you, your skin just is not the best conductor. At least one person has died from a 9V powered Ohm meter and prongs pierced under the skin

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

Maxo

Premium Member

9V can do a lot of harm to you. A 9V battery, or two, that would be purchased at a local drug store doesn't have enough amps to hurt you. On the other hand, a 12V car battery has enough to do some real damage. Hence my analogy.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc to rawgerz

to rawgerz
You'd have a lot more credibility if you weren't mixing voltage and current.

That infamous sailor stuck metal probes into his skin and evidently touched a nerve. Even a watch battery could cause damage under those highly specific conditions. He was reckless, idiotic and a Darwin Award candidate.

However, that has absolutely nothing to do with this story.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit to Maxo

Premium Member

to Maxo
"These Wi-Fi transmitters function at 2.45 GHz, which is like being surrounded by a microwave without walls or doors."

So what's next? Getting rid of all 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz cordless phones?

What a bunch of lunatics. Stay home moms really need to find something to do besides complain.

PhoenixAZ
Get A Mac
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Phoenix, AZ

PhoenixAZ to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:
said by PhoenixAZ:
said by Tomek:

I also wonder how many of them have wireless phones at home. 2.4GHz is the most common if I'm not mistaken. The only people who have a valid excuse for making anti-wifi statements are amish,
And watching the news after the school shooting tradgedy, the amish were using laptops.
Milk and Cream is a serious business, the amish from what ive heard are pretty modern in the barn(phones, computers and refrigeration), but maintain tradition in the home.
yeah, but they aren't afraid of the radiation coming from it

elvey
Spamassassin
join:2001-02-17
San Francisco, CA

1 recommendation

elvey to rawgerz

to rawgerz
Well, there are stun guns that run off standard 9V batteries too. And a 9V dropped off the empire state building is probably deadly once it hits street level as well...

chuckle...

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to Maxo

to Maxo

Re: Check out www.theangellady.net

said by Maxo:

said by rfnut:

Maybe her insanity was caused by a UHF station.
My guess is good ole fashion crack rock. It works every time.
Nah it was Woodstock!!! Summer of love ftw!
pkarlos_76

pkarlos_76 to Maxo

to Maxo

Re: radiation is radiation?

said by Maxo:

As scary as it seems, chronic exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation, will definitely harm your children.
Again, too inclusive. "Will definitely" is definitely poor word choice with the only intent of creating fear.
I thought I read somewhere that the human body generates its own electro magnetic radiation on a small level. Oh wait, lets not forget this planet is out to kill us all, it generates its own electromagnetic radiation...... FEAR EARTH, LEAVE EARTH, EARTH KILLS!!!