join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to insomniac84

Re: radiation is radiation?

You should see their website

said by »healthyhomealliance.com/ :

“These Wi-Fi transmitters function at 2.45 GHz, which is like being surrounded by a
microwave oven without walls or doors.”
This is like arguing that two 9V batteries are more dangerous than a 12V car battery.
--
"Padre, nobody said war was fun now bowl!" - Sherman T Potter

»www.cafepress.com/maxolasersquad

»maxolasersquad.com/

»maxolasersquad.com/network/ My DSL Network Guide

»myspace.com/mlsquad

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
Tallahassee, FL

1 recommendation

Oh, this site is tasty. These people should take a high school class in writing. They break so many rules.

Any device or system that emits radiation is hazardous to your health.
I hope these guys don't use flashlights.

Most scientists have concluded that radiation causes harm to humans on all levels: mental, emotional, and physical.
Most scientists don't study radiation, so this statement is false by default.

As scary as it seems, chronic exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation, will definitely harm your children.
Again, too inclusive. "Will definitely" is definitely poor word choice with the only intent of creating fear.

Monumental consequences to the city and its citizens could be caused by a virus being introduced into the system.
Easily the best line on the whole website.

This site should be used to help define FUD.
--
"Padre, nobody said war was fun now bowl!" - Sherman T Potter

»www.cafepress.com/maxolasersquad

»maxolasersquad.com/

»maxolasersquad.com/network/ My DSL Network Guide

»myspace.com/mlsquad

rawgerz
The hell was that?
Premium
join:2004-10-03
Grove City, PA
reply to Maxo

It's more like comparing a hearing aid battery to a power plant.

1/4 of a watt, compared to 1200 watts. And just because a microwave has a box, doesn't mean they don't leak
--

You can't make all the people happy all of the time. But it should be common sense to shoot for the majority.

blueeyesm

join:2003-09-05
Waterloo, ON
reply to Maxo

If they have ever sat in front of a computer, TV, radio emitter of any type, then its too late for them.

Tomek
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Valley Stream, NY
reply to Maxo

I also wonder how many of them have wireless phones at home. 2.4GHz is the most common if I'm not mistaken. The only people who have a valid excuse for making anti-wifi statements are amish,
--
Semper Fi

sweintz
Premium
join:2002-03-01
Chester, CT
reply to Maxo

said by Maxo:

You should see their website

said by »healthyhomealliance.com/ :

“These Wi-Fi transmitters function at 2.45 GHz, which is like being surrounded by a
microwave oven without walls or doors.”
This is like arguing that two 9V batteries are more dangerous than a 12V car battery.
Two nine volts ARE more dangerous than a 12 volt car battery. It's very hard to get your tongue across *both* terminals on the big car battery...

Maxo
Premium,VIP
Tallahassee, FL

1 edit

It's not hard to lay a steel bar across a 12V car battery.

Edit: Grammar

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

1 edit
reply to blueeyesm

said by blueeyesm:

If they have ever sat in front of a computer, TV, radio emitter of any type, then its too late for them.
Or better yet....used a cell phone. Don't they know those things emit radiation? I bet most of these people have cell phones.

Maybe they use handsfree devices and put the cell phone in between their legs while driving or in their pockets when walking around. Radiation next to reproductive body parts may make them sterile which would help the gene pool out in the end.
--
My Domain
Nightfall's Hockey and Life Journal

PhoenixAZ
Get A Mac
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:1
reply to Tomek

said by Tomek:

I also wonder how many of them have wireless phones at home. 2.4GHz is the most common if I'm not mistaken. The only people who have a valid excuse for making anti-wifi statements are amish,
And watching the news after the school shooting tradgedy, the amish were using laptops.
--
Josh | MySpace | About Me

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

said by PhoenixAZ:

said by Tomek:

And watching the news after the school shooting tradgedy, the amish were using laptops.
Milk and Cream is a serious business, the amish from what ive heard are pretty modern in the barn(phones, computers and refrigeration), but maintain tradition in the home.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

elvey
Spamassassin

join:2001-02-17
San Francisco, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Sipgate VOIP
·Virgin Mobile Br..
reply to sweintz

If you put your tongue across *both* terminals of a 9V, it won't kill you or do any real damage, AFAIK. Unless you jump back from the sharp tingle and fall or something!

It's amazing how well society runs given the constituents. Are people just innately this stupid, or is it poor schooling that makes them such an embarrassment to themselves? Or is it willful ignorance in furtherance of some other cause?
--
SBC is the world's second-largest SpamHaus and leads an Organized Crime Syndicate. Also see TURN.org or UCAN.

rawgerz
The hell was that?
Premium
join:2004-10-03
Grove City, PA

A 9V has enough mA to kill you, your skin just is not the best conductor. At least one person has died from a 9V powered Ohm meter and prongs pierced under the skin
--

You can't make all the people happy all of the time. But it should be common sense to shoot for the majority.

Maxo
Premium,VIP
Tallahassee, FL

9V can do a lot of harm to you. A 9V battery, or two, that would be purchased at a local drug store doesn't have enough amps to hurt you. On the other hand, a 12V car battery has enough to do some real damage. Hence my analogy.

RadioDoc
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL
kudos:2
reply to rawgerz

You'd have a lot more credibility if you weren't mixing voltage and current.

That infamous sailor stuck metal probes into his skin and evidently touched a nerve. Even a watch battery could cause damage under those highly specific conditions. He was reckless, idiotic and a Darwin Award candidate.

However, that has absolutely nothing to do with this story.
--
Toolmaster of La Grange.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Maxo

"These Wi-Fi transmitters function at 2.45 GHz, which is like being surrounded by a microwave without walls or doors."

So what's next? Getting rid of all 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz cordless phones?

What a bunch of lunatics. Stay home moms really need to find something to do besides complain.

PhoenixAZ
Get A Mac
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Kearnstd

said by Kearnstd:

said by PhoenixAZ:

said by Tomek:

Milk and Cream is a serious business, the amish from what ive heard are pretty modern in the barn(phones, computers and refrigeration), but maintain tradition in the home.
yeah, but they aren't afraid of the radiation coming from it
--
Josh | MySpace | About Me

elvey
Spamassassin

join:2001-02-17
San Francisco, CA

1 recommendation

reply to rawgerz

Well, there are stun guns that run off standard 9V batteries too. And a 9V dropped off the empire state building is probably deadly once it hits street level as well...

chuckle...

pkarlos_76

join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB
reply to Maxo

said by Maxo:

As scary as it seems, chronic exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation, will definitely harm your children.
Again, too inclusive. "Will definitely" is definitely poor word choice with the only intent of creating fear.
I thought I read somewhere that the human body generates its own electro magnetic radiation on a small level. Oh wait, lets not forget this planet is out to kill us all, it generates its own electromagnetic radiation...... FEAR EARTH, LEAVE EARTH, EARTH KILLS!!!