kyramilan
join:2006-11-26
Pensacola, FL

kyramilan to Matt3

to Matt3

Re: w00t?

said by Matt3:

said by kyramilan:

Hate to say it but kids need to abide laws. Or, use an encrypted Newsgroup (like smart people do).
And what is to stop the RIAA from hiring a kid at $20/hr to monitor the encrypted newsgroups? Encrypting your NNTP connection does no good unless the news host doesn't retain the X-Posted-From IP. If you can do it, so can the RIAA.

Even then, encrypting the NNTP session is completely pointless and just wastes bandwidth. It's not like your ISP has an RIAA installed packet capture server that monitors all traffic and uses behavior analysis and packet combining to determine that you are transmitting copyrighted material.
I guess it is simple: DON'T Violate the Law!

Obliteration
Premium Member
join:2005-09-18
Somewhere

Obliteration

Premium Member

said by kyramilan:
said by Matt3:
said by kyramilan:

Hate to say it but kids need to abide laws. Or, use an encrypted Newsgroup (like smart people do).
And what is to stop the RIAA from hiring a kid at $20/hr to monitor the encrypted newsgroups? Encrypting your NNTP connection does no good unless the news host doesn't retain the X-Posted-From IP. If you can do it, so can the RIAA.

Even then, encrypting the NNTP session is completely pointless and just wastes bandwidth. It's not like your ISP has an RIAA installed packet capture server that monitors all traffic and uses behavior analysis and packet combining to determine that you are transmitting copyrighted material.
I just created a law that states to kill yourself kyramilan. You're BS beliefs state you must follow anything that is a law.

Good luck killing yourself. Make sure to do it slowly and painfully.

Have a nice day!!!

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside to kyramilan

to kyramilan
said by kyramilan:

What law would that be? Copyright law? I have yet to see the RIAA come up with an iron-clad argument in their favor. They work in gray areas in copyright law and boast their opinion on it as the word of law. How many lawsuits have the RIAA won? How many actually make it to court? How many countersuits do we hear about only to have that case swept under the rug and never heard from again?

It's as if the RIAA are afraid the truth would come out. That truth is individual music sharing that doesn't involve profit is allowable under copyright law. I'm not talking the spirit of the law (which is to promote the arts), but also the letter.