how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dagda1175

join:2001-06-17
Goleta, CA

Obvious

They have to pay for it somehow, look at your own electricity rates. And as for paying to pee? Ive seen many places you already have to, mainly across Europe.

calvoiper

join:2003-03-31
Belvedere Tiburon, CA

The electricity used by a laptop is minimal--a few cents an hour at tops. If this increases outlet availability, great. I think giving a free 30 minutes with a minimum purchase is probably a better idea, but because of space limitations most airport food/beverage shops don't want you hanging around for more than about 10 minutes, anyway.

As for paying to pee in Europe, consider how often people there just go in the street. Paying to pee in airports probably isn't a good idea.

As for resonance, it works. Walk under a heavily used hi-voltage line with a flourescent tube, hold it horizontal and turn it through the points of the compass and you'll see what I mean....

calvoiper
--
VoIP--the death knell of remaining voice monopolies!

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs
kudos:2
reply to Dagda1175

Gee, people don't remember pay toilets, I guess....

disconnected

@snet.net
reply to Dagda1175

said by Dagda1175:

They have to pay for it somehow, look at your own electricity rates. And as for paying to pee? Ive seen many places you already have to, mainly across Europe.
We used to have pay toilets in the 50s and 60s and then the government outlawed them, citing that private industry can't tax a person's need to pee.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to N3OGH

They have them all over the place in San Francisco on the street. You pay, go in, you have a few minutes to get your business done or the door swings open (which is funny) when you're done, the entire bathroom self cleans itself for the next person.

Oh yea.. and there still are places that have the quarter slots on the stall doors. I run into them.. it just depends on where you are in the country.
--
"Wipe out the national deficit over night... Tax the stupid!" - about 50 gMail invites available. PM if you'd like one.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
reply to disconnected

still got them.

RayW
Premium
join:2001-09-01
Layton, UT
kudos:1

I have seen them in some places, but not at an airport anymore.
--
I am not lost, I find myself every time.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium

oh god no.. not at airports... I agree with ya there.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to calvoiper

I have some green plastic "coins" with a magnet inside that are for street pay toilets in Moscow. They're pretty gross, but a guy can pee holding his breath or smoke a cigarette (still NOT illegal in Russia) to avoid the aroma...

Fatal Vector

join:2005-11-26

They allready tried pay toilets here. They didn't work, which is why you dont see them anywhere anymore. They were all over the place for a few years as every plaace tried to get on the bandwagon.

People just got pissed (no pun intended) off and went elsewhere.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
reply to fiberguy

said by fiberguy:

They have them all over the place in San Francisco on the street. You pay, go in, you have a few minutes to get your business done or the door swings open (which is funny) when you're done, the entire bathroom self cleans itself for the next person.
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase..."Piss or get off the pot." LOL
--
WedgeAntilles250

Tom's Rant