uniqs

karlmarx
join:2006-09-18
Moscow, ID

1 recommendation

karlmarx to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2

Re: Already paid for!

pure greed play. You even admitted the 'cost' of the power is for all intents and purposes neglible, so why are they charging for it? A notebook can use about 1 cent PER HOUR to charge, and my notebook takes about an hour to charge. I for one, would NEVER pay for the use of an outlet, and I travel a LOT. The airport is just plain greedy, there is nothing else to say about it. I ALWAYS share if somebody asks, in fact, my power strip has 5 outlets on it just so we can share. I've never run into a person not willing to 'share' an outlet, especially if you come prepared.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

Hell froze over. I agree with you. This is pretty lame, and I'm actually moved to take one of my 3 outlet taps and throw it in my laptop bag just for the time I do take my laptop on the road.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to karlmarx

Premium Member

to karlmarx
Why? because they are in their right to do so.

This is absurd guys.

You're all acting like you're entitled to everything. What gets me the most is when people say things like "well, we've done it for so long, why charge now?" or "it doesn't cost them that much" or "it makes no sense"..

The bottom line is where does it say things have to be fair and add up? Where does it say that if they can do something for a penny or two that they should give it away? Mind if I come over to your place and plug in my laptop? How about my Tv? It only takes a few cents to run too.. Oh hell.. in one month, why not plug in my PC as well, it's just a buck. Multiply that by everyone doing it.

Besides, it needs no justification... they are with in their rights. I, though, unlike others, don't care to justify my way into things to claim rights to something I know damn well I don't have.

I can say that the luggage carts are more than paid for so why should I shell out the $3 for one? After all, they are LONG paid for, right?

Until something in our laws and in our constitution states that things in life are to be "fair" then people need to stop dictating and reasoning out why they have rights where they don't exist and never have in the first place.

I have a much stronger opinion about people who think this way, but the moderators would have a field day with my post - rightfully so too.

By the way - there are people willing to pay these fees.. why? They travel all the time and realize it's part of the whole game. Then there are people who don't think they should pay into these fees. Money has to come from somewhere, so, since I travel on business quite frequently and pay these fees, you people that haven't have been taking free rides on us for long enough.. how's that? Just like with broadband. I was in the crowd of early adopters who paid the $90 a month for a 256k line so they could build up the money so that you guys can bitch about your $19.99 3mb connections today. You guys should really watch what you say sometimes... many of you who don't feel you need to pay are usually viewed as free loaders to those that do pay.