Stepford, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

POB to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2

Re: Already paid for!

said by fiberguy2:

money making opportunity? Some say yes.. others will say it's a way to recoup.
Yes, the airline industry needs to recoup every spare nickel they can gouge out of consumers because the welfare checks they've been receiving from the feds at taxpayer expense in the decades before and every year following nine eleven just isn't enough.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by POB:

Yes, the airline industry needs to recoup every spare nickel they can gauge out of consumers because the welfare checks they've been receiving from the feds at taxpayer expense in the decades before and every year following nine eleven just isn't enough.
And even with all that money they got from us, you'd think that running a bus to offload passengers from a plane that's been on the tarmac for over an hour but cannot take off wouldn't be such a tall order.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

That has NOTHING to do with the airport itself.. that is up to the airlines.

Do you not understand how the airport systems work? and how the terminal is separated from the airlines? I'm not being an ass, I'm being serious. Because, I fell if you knew that, you'd know it's the airlines fault, NOT the airport's for leaving people on planes. And, yes, I'm taking into account you said the "industry"... you can't make a blanket statement like you did when they are two different entities.

However, I'm in agreement with you on the tarmac situation - that was completely wrong to leave people there for so long.
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to POB

Premium Member

to POB
Care to rethink that? ... you should. You really should learn about how the airlines work. More so that the precious broadband that people think is a necessity, the airline industry is FAR more important, is very fragile, and the blame isn't with the government or the airlines.

Try those mechanics and the unions who feel they need $80 an hour to turn a bolt... or a flight attendant who needs to make what they do to serve coffee and treat you badly. And then there is the customer that is driving the cost of an airline ticket far below that of what it should be because they can get a better deal.

What do you want? a national air line? Want a model of a national airline? Check out Russia. AeroFLOP was great!

The industry is what it is and if you expect it to ever be perfect, it won't. One place it can start is by people paying a reasonable fare for their tickets.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

That has NOTHING to do with the airport itself.. that is up to the airlines.
I'm aware of the distinction between an airline and an airport. My post was in the context of discussing airlines receiving taxpayer money and still treating passengers like crap. I did not mention the airport at all with regards to loading and unloading passengers onto and off of airplanes.

POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium Member
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA

POB to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

Care to rethink that? ... you should. You really should learn about how the airlines work. More so that the precious broadband that people think is a necessity, the airline industry is FAR more important, is very fragile, and the blame isn't with the government or the airlines.

I'm aware of the distinction between airlines and airports, but thx for assuming I'm an idiot.
said by fiberguy2:

Try those mechanics and the unions who feel they need $80 an hour to turn a bolt... or a flight attendant who needs to make what they do to serve coffee and treat you badly. And then there is the customer that is driving the cost of an airline ticket far below that of what it should be because they can get a better deal.
Right. Because paying people over minimum wage is such a tremendous burden and airline travel safety is really something we should all be looking for the lowest price on. Would you rather have a $7.00/hr. disgruntled fuckwit performing maintenance on the aircraft, or would you like a professional doing the work? Personally, I'm happy with professional mechanics of the non-disgruntled variety.
said by fiberguy2:

What do you want? a national air line? Want a model of a national airline? Check out Russia. AeroFLOP was great!
National airline not necessary. How about one that doesn't beg for federal handouts while simultaneously screwing over consumers by nickel/diming them to death and eliminating meals/pillows and otherwise crams people into tiny, confined places like cattle.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

MM,

I didn't assume you were an idiot.. I pointed it out. You made a comment that placed blame where it absolutely didn't belong and you made a mis-statement. So, you either lied or you just don't know. YOU said you went with idiot.

As for pay and minimum wage - really, that doesn't dignify a response - but here's one anyway. I said they didn't deserve $80 an hour, and they don't. But, PLEASE tell me where I said $7 an hour....! Is $80 an hour deserved for turning a wrench? NO.. hell no. $35? sure.. $80? You do know that $80 wasn't even enough for the north west mechanics don't you? Or do you not keep up? They wanted even more. As for safety? Want to know about safety? How about a few mechanics that specifically booby trapped a few planes before they went on strike? Childish and in your best interest for safety. They don't care about your safety, they care about more money. If they can't make it on $80 an hour, then THEY have the problem.

Federal hand outs? When the US government grounded the planes on 9/11, that was a handout I will be more than happy to pay taxes too.

It's VERY clear you don't travel much nor know what you are talking about AT-ALL!

The airline industry is damn near a utility and VERY vital to the stability of this economy - or did you NOT catch that on 9/11 when travel slowed way down and it killed many businesses??

Don't smug me when you clearly have no clue.
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102
How exactly are you treated like "crap".... because you don't get 1st class treatment for the price of coach?

Until you understand how the airlines work and the economics behind them, then don't come here talking about being treated like crap - or simply don't travel.

I fly almost every other week - I don't feel like I'm treated by crap. Considering the huge volume of passengers that fly each day, week, month, year... I really think your standards are set higher than you have the right to... you want first class? pay for it like others do. Otherwise, you're not treated like crap.