MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to RadioDoc

MVM

to RadioDoc

Re: wow new business venture:

said by RadioDoc:

You're actually too late. A lot of places now have power strips along bars and under fixed-in-place tables. Some even have Ethernet jacks...

I always travel with a second, fully-charged laptop battery as well as the secondary battery. If necessary I can go 12 hours between charges.

The airport situation is getting out of hand though.
I agree.

I almost laughed when I saw this in the Dallas Fort Worth Airport. Lets face it, the airport is going to do anything to charge the traveling consumer. I don't mind them charging for internet access since that is a luxury. Charging extra money for food? Ok, I get it. You are in a secure area and can't leave. Power is pushing it a little, especially at that price.
xsiddalx
join:2005-03-11
Chicago, IL

xsiddalx

Not a fan of paying for anything, however, you're willing to pay for internet access but not the power required? Food is more a necessity than power, but you want the latter for free?

Confused...
said by Nightfall:

Lets face it, the airport is going to do anything to charge the traveling consumer. I don't mind them charging for internet access since that is a luxury. Charging extra money for food? Ok, I get it. You are in a secure area and can't leave. Power is pushing it a little, especially at that price.

ff1324
Everybody Goes Home
Premium Member
join:2002-08-24
On Four Day

ff1324

Premium Member

Just wait until a breastfeeding mother wants a power outlet to run a breast pump and the airport wants $$$ for it.

Hell hath no fury like a lactating mother (like the one I'm married to!)

damonlab
Premium Member
join:2001-05-02
Detroit, MI

1 recommendation

damonlab

Premium Member

I have not been a fan of the airlines ever since the post 9-11 bailout money paid for with our tax dollars.

You can't have it both ways. Either charge extra for everything and accept no government money, or charge nothing extra and take all of the government cheese that you can get.
xsiddalx
join:2005-03-11
Chicago, IL

xsiddalx to ff1324

to ff1324
said by ff1324:

Just wait until a breastfeeding mother wants a power outlet to run a breast pump and the airport wants $$$ for it.

Dare I ask, doesn't the baby suck hard enough?

ff1324
Everybody Goes Home
Premium Member
join:2002-08-24
On Four Day

ff1324

Premium Member

said by xsiddalx:
said by ff1324:

Dare I ask, doesn't the baby suck hard enough?
You're assuming the baby is present. Pumps are used to pump off milk for future use and the relief of the mother when the baby is unavailable, as is the case when mom goes back to work.