spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah

Go forecasters go!

So, we've gotten more snow from last night's "snow showers, less than one inch accumulation" than we did from that big snowstorm that was supposed to bring 4"-8" of snow (after being revised down from 6"-12" in the forecast). They're on a roll this winter!

The question is... to wear boots, or not to wear boots. Meh. It's already 33F so I doubt the snow will stick around for too long.

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784

I didnt get anything at all.

I walked outside, and saw like 2 flakes this morning.....and was like nice snow shower

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
There's about an inch of white powder on the ground in Wustah.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

Nada here. Which is what the forecasters predicted. (Hey! They got it right!)
Spensergig
Past my Prime
MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL

Spensergig to Sarah

MVM

to Sarah
I feel for you all.
I do recall shoveling 4"-8" of "partly cloudy" more than once up there.

Today, my concern is whether I can open the pool without having to turn on the solar heater.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

Click for full size
Snow doesn't alwasy stop swimmers.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 edit

capecoddah to Sarah

to Sarah
Sneg! Sneg! Sneg!
(snow! snow! snow! in Russian)All 6 cm...
Snowing, melting, snowing, melting...

Irony, History Channel is showing snowstorm programs today....

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
join:2000-12-09
FL

bbrcat to Sarah

MVM

to Sarah
Zippo here

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

3 edits

Dominokat

Premium Member

Dominokat

Dominokat to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
Click for full size
Should I get my hopes up.... again?

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

We got snow about 40 miles from me last night and today. Plus they are talking about the snow level getting lower tonight and tomorrow.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah to Dominokat

to Dominokat
quote:
...A POTENTIALLY SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM MAY AFFECT INTERIOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY...

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND THURSDAY NIGHT... AS LOW PRESSURE FORMS OVER THE MID ATLANTIC REGION.

SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW MAY ACCUMULATE BY DAYBREAK FRIDAY...MAINLY TO THE NORTHWEST OF THE PROVIDENCE TO BOSTON INTERSTATE 95 CORRIDOR. CLOSER TO THE COAST...SNOW SHOULD MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO RAIN BY SUNRISE FRIDAY AFTER A FEW INCHES OF ACCUMULATION.
My goodness. Several inches of snow before it turns to rain. Now that is quite a storm.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

said by Sarah:

My goodness. Several inches of snow before it turns to rain. Now that is quite a storm.
Isn't that the norm this winter???
Dominokat

Dominokat to sashwa

Premium Member

to sashwa
said by sashwa:

We got snow about 40 miles from me last night and today. Plus they are talking about the snow level getting lower tonight and tomorrow.
What's going on over there Sash? Snow, landslides, flooding, ...... ?????

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa

Mod

Bad cold front passing on thru. I just had about a half hour of hailing mixed with rain right after I got home. The hail was about the size of small peas. It does hail here every so often but it's still not normal for the area.

We also had thunder and lightening this afternoon with heavy rain. We rarely get thunder and lightening in this area.

The weatherlady just said temps are running 10 or more degrees colder than normal.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

I'll trade cold fronts with ya???

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

ROFL...I told ya before I think mother nature has gotten her coasts mixed up this year.

MsTerra
Mouthy Broad
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Nerdvana

MsTerra to sashwa

Premium Member

to sashwa
I got to missing weather when I lived in Oakland. Maybe I should've tried to stick it out a few more years.

I remember we had some huge thunderstorms roll through, I want to say April 1999, or maybe it was 2000. They made headlines because it was such a rare event. The only weird thing for me was that it wasn't July...

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

Snow to rain on this "storm" AGAIN as it has been all winter.
Just once.... I'd like a good old fashion snow storm with no rain.
Oh well.

noone2000
Crunch On
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Haverhill, MA

noone2000 to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
Just wait until May then we will get the 2 feet

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784

said by noone2000:

Just wait until May then we will get the 2 feet
NOES!!! Dont say that

Although, the way this winter is going, summer wont start until about August, heh.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah

Tonight: Cloudy. Snow developing possibly becoming mixed with or changing to sleet. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Tomorrow: A wintry mix will give way to rain, heavy at times, in the afternoon. High 42F.

Heavy, cold rain falling on a couple inches of slushy snow. Sounds like what we had two weeks ago, which was a horrible mess.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

Tonight: Periods of snow, mainly after 1am. Low around 20. Calm wind becoming east between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Friday: Periods of snow and sleet before 1pm, then periods of rain. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. Windy, with a east wind 17 to 20 mph increasing to between 28 and 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

So, A total of about 2 inches. There is also a Winter Weather Warning.... for the 2 inches of snow. LOL.

MsTerra
Mouthy Broad
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Nerdvana

MsTerra to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
As long as it doesn't all freeze over like it did then. One of the landlords I met while apartment-hunting was saying that ice melt had sold out and there were shortages of sand.

Only a month or so to go before the possibility of snow and ice recedes....

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat
There predicting around a foot down where I am, I can only hope.

chiefeyes
join:2001-08-14
Thomaston, ME

chiefeyes to Dominokat

to Dominokat
Ho-hum , here we go. More ice and little snow here I think. I picked up 5 bags of ice melt this afternoon. Let'er rip !

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
Polar Park

vaxvms

Premium Member

A coating of snow to make everything white last night, followed up with freezing rain to form a crust, now rain and the temp going up near 40 to wash it all away. Saturday temp near 50, Sunday sunny and 40. Goodbye white groundcover, hello puddles and slush.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah

Looks like we've got nothing but rain, here. If we had snow it was gone by the time I woke up.

I don't mind that much, really - it's warm enough to melt some of the still-treacherous ice on the sidewalks and that is a Good Thing for those of us who walk everywhere. I swear one of these winters I'm going to start reporting my neighbors to the police when they let their sidewalks get this bad.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
Polar Park

vaxvms

Premium Member

said by Sarah:

I don't mind that much, really - it's warm enough to melt some of the still-treacherous ice on the sidewalks and that is a Good Thing for those of us who walk everywhere. I swear one of these winters I'm going to start reporting my neighbors to the police when they let their sidewalks get this bad.
When I lived in Framingham I walked all over. Many people shoveled snow out of the driveway onto the public sidewalks. When I called the Framingham PD about this the person I spoke with responded with Yeah? So wadda you want us to do?
I hope you get more help than I did.

Sarah

New York, NY

Sarah

They ticket people for it here - allegedly - but the fines are so small that no one cares. I can't remember the specific Cambridge fines but in Boston it's a $15 ticket.

A lot of the time it's businesses that don't clear the sidewalks, which I think is 10x stupider. What kind of business wants their customers slipping and sliding to get into their establishment? And I imagine people would be much more likely to sue a business than a homeowner.

The worst one in my neighborhood is the really big church that has left an inch or two of ice on almost an entire block's worth of sidewalk. Apparently 'love thy neighbor' doesn't extend far enough to ensure that your neighbors are safe while walking past your church.