spc
uniqs
theyipper
join:2001-01-18
Oakland, CA

theyipper to C0deZer0

to C0deZer0

Re: [BT] uTorrent won't do anything!

The little yellow triangle status light at the bottom of uTorrent states that port isn't forwarded correctly (can't be seen).

So as you stated that whenever you reboot, your IP changes. You will have to manually configure your wireless nic so that you have a fixed internal network IP (ie: 192.168.0.30). Then configure your router's port forwarding to point to that fixed IP.

Also does UPnP actually work on the router and is compatible with uTorrent? You can check the log window in uTorrent on startup to see UPnP info.

Just as a note, if you keep getting different IP's when you reboot sometimes it means that someone else is also using the wireless router (and taking your previous IP via DHCP). You aren't sharing the router with anyone else?

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

With my old D-Link wired router, I was able to set a static IP assigned by whatever MAC address of a given client. I have found no such way of fixing an IP with this Belkin router.

The router isn't mine, but I can log in to it to perform settings.

Limewire doesn't seem to have a problem with UPnP, as far as I can tell, because I've been able to use that program and download just fine, and not have it lag up my internet activities even remotely as bad as µTorrent does.

I do live with other roommates, and we share the wireless internet here. It's not a wireless LAN card inside my machine; it's a Buffalo Wireless Ethernet Converter I have to use because I have other devices (PS2, Xbox, GameCube, etc.), which have no other way of being wireless.
C0deZer0

C0deZer0

Premium Member

that's it. I'm sick and tired of this garbage.

I delete those that I was trying and went with a new torrent file from a different source.

At first, µTorrent leads me to believe it's goign to work again. Downloads to about 0.5%, then goes into a complete and utter standstill. No uploading, no downloading, nada. And even just clicking to make this post, it took Firefox TWO MINUTES to render the stupid page. That is unacceptable.

I'm sick and tired of this crap. I want a torrent that WORKS for crying out loud. There HAS to be one that will work.