Daniel8802
join:2004-07-09
Sewell, NJ

1 edit

Daniel8802 to darrenf

to darrenf

Re: Free Playboy On Demand programs!

said by darrenf:

Somebody had better capture the screen showing Free as the price so we have proof when that $400 bill shows up next month.
ok ... it says free right up in the right corner! lol Also it doesn't say thank you for your order when you hit watch.
earletp
join:2004-02-03
PDX

earletp

Since it's OnDemand doesn't the title still show up on the bill even if they don't charge you for it?

Daniel8802
join:2004-07-09
Sewell, NJ

Daniel8802

said by earletp:

Since it's OnDemand doesn't the title still show up on the bill even if they don't charge you for it?
nope ... it shouldn't.
maniacjoe
join:2005-04-05
Toms River, NJ

maniacjoe

I've watched plenty of Free OnDemand programming (non-adult), and none of it shows up on the bill.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

anyone in the pittsburgh area have adult on-demand programming? I don't have it here anywhere on my on-demand menu in the ohio valley.

Zupper
Premium Member
join:2002-12-28
Novelty, OH

Zupper to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
I checked my guide, and it seems to be available. Nothing actually says "Free" or "Complimentary", but the price shown is $0.00, and there is no "$" next to the On Demand icon.

Only Playboy shows this way, all the other AOD channels show prices.

I still wonder if it is just a display error about the cost, and you will still get charged. Maybe it only works if you already subscribe to the Playboy channel? I haven't tried it.
ak3883
join:2005-08-20
Marlton, NJ

ak3883

I checked today, sure enough punching in 540 goes to a different adult OnDemand menu. All of the programs listed under "Playboy" are marked "free" and do not have any $. Looks just like any other OnDemand program that is free

I checked the HBO stuff, that does say "free with subscription" so it shouldn't be a free thing only if you subscribe to the channel.

Still leary about it, Comcast would probably say it was an error and bill me anyway.
darrenf
join:2004-03-01
Richland, NJ

darrenf to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Now if I go to 540 it takes me to the standard 001 On Demand Channel. What the heck are they doing, this comapny is wacky!

Ebolla
join:2005-09-28
Dracut, MA

Ebolla to ak3883

to ak3883
it says "free with subscription" due to alot of companies with VOD still charge seperately for VOD access to premium channels even if you subscribe to the station. I know RCN charged $5.00 for hbo vod even if you had hbo. though not 100% if they still do.
FanaticGamer
join:2006-10-16
Jacksonville, FL

FanaticGamer

Looking at the new Channel Lineup effective in April, we are adding alot of Shortcuts to different portions of VOD it looks like. Its a good idea imo, promotes more VOD usage.
-FG