Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rhan77

join:2004-05-02
Meridian, MS

Multichassis Multilink PPP

After a long time having this problem I believe this is my issue with my second channel, sometimes it can work a day or two, but then it messes up and won't work until I do a power cycle.

I read that if my second B channel tries to connect to a modem on a different terminal servers that my 1st B channel that it sends a magic number along with instructions that its part of a MPPP bundle, which it ignores and tries to give my cisco a IP number out of the pool and then my cisco drops the channel. It will continue to try to connect and drop continously.

Anyone know a ISDN ISP that supports multichassis multilink PPP?

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
There are ISDN providers out there not supporting MPPP? Heck, I built an ISP in 1996 that supported it. Tell them to get out of the dark ages.
--
Ignorance is temporary...stupidity lasts forever!

rhan77

Meridian, MS
Well i can't think of what else would cause this, maybe the configs on the ISP servers are messed up, looking at the debugs it sets there and tries to setup the bundle and the bundle doesn't get set up. In the negotiation it continues to send the magic number 5 times, it doesn't happen very often, maybe once every other day and it requires me to power cycle the router.

When i first went with them never an issue, its ISDN ISP btw.

Any ideas?

rhan77

Meridian, MS
It seems i have to reset my router every 24 hours because of this issue, please help

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Post your config minus passwds etc. Also what version and feature set of IOS are you running and what is the platform?
--
Ignorance is temporary...stupidity lasts forever!

rhan77

Meridian, MS
The ISP says that they are in process of doing upgrades and that the modem banks just busy up and its gonna be that way until the upgrades are complete