Search similar:

uniqs
buaku
join:2007-02-11
Colorado Springs, CO

buaku

Bundling question

Hello,

I was a former adelphia user switched over to comcast.
I currently have cable/internet through them and I was wondering what would happen if I dropped the cable tv portion only. Will this cause my internet rate to go up since I will no longer be bundling services?

MadMANN3
Premium Member
join:2005-08-19

MadMANN3

Premium Member

Yes.
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5 to buaku

Premium Member

to buaku
said by buaku:

Will this cause my internet rate to go up since I will no longer be bundling services?
Yes, it will go up. I think it's 59.95 instead of 42.95. Someone can correct me on that if i'm wrong.

Also, you won't be on the 6000/384k plan. It will be 4000k instead I believe. Plus..on that tier, there is no powerboost.

It probably makes more sense to just downgrade your level of tv service to the basic one.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

RR Conductor to buaku

Premium Member

to buaku
That's one thing I will miss about Adelphia, with them your rate was the same regardless of whether you had cable tv or not. We have Directv for our tv service, and only have cable for HSI.
buaku
Colorado Springs, CO

buaku

Thanks for the info!

The reason I asked was I switched to Dish Network and since I did that I thought I'd try DSL. So far the DSL isn't going so smoothly (very inconsistent speeds), so I was weighing my options. Either live with the mediocre DSL or pay a bit more to have consistent cable. Either way I'm dropping the cable TV portion though. Currently I still have both services. I had planned to compare them for a month and see which I like better.

Dish had more of the channels I wanted, so that's why I jumped over to them.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

3 edits

RR Conductor

Premium Member

We can't get DSL out where I live, so it's Cable HSI or dial-up. We have Directv for the same reason, more of the channels that we want, though it'll be interesting to see what Comcast does with our area, they're promising a lot of upgrades.

Edit-Where are you at? We're in Redwood Valley in Mendocino County, 115 miles north of San Francisco here in Northwestern California. Here's to a smooth transtion to Comcast for both of us!
buaku
Colorado Springs, CO

buaku

Ahh I'm out in Colorado Springs. I used to live in the Mountainview/Sunnyvale area a few years back. I miss California..I liked the weather better

If you don't mind me asking, what are they charging you for just having the cable HSI?

For the most part the transition was pretty smooth out here. I never noticed any real problems. The only thing is my adelphia email address still hasn't been transferred over.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

Lol Yeah, I hear ya, though we've got the snowiest place in the US here in CA, the Sierra Nevada's (They average around 45 feet of snow a year, that's a lot of whipped cream! lol). Our winters here in Redwood Valley are very cool and very rainy (we average around 40 inches of rain a year), and this year was especially cold, we had some temps near 0, and had 3 inches of snow a week ago, more than we've had down here (we're at 1000 feet at my house) in years, our local mountains got 3 feet out of that storm. I was born and raised in SoCal (West Covina), but also lived for 7 years in Pocatello, Idaho, where my parents are originally from.

Well, enough about me, we pay $59.95 a month for the Premier Package (6000/768), though I see with Comcast for that price we'll get 8000/768 plus the Powerboost thing.
buaku
Colorado Springs, CO

buaku

It's finally getting nice here. For most of the beginning of this year/end oflast year we had snow at least once a week for like 8 weeks straight, and it would just keep piling up! In some parts of town there's still a bit of snow left even now. I was born in Riverside, moved around a bit as a kid, so I really don't remember much of that area. I remember more about the Sunnyvale area.

Thanks for lettin me know what the price of cable only was!
I got a tech coming out to check the DSL tomorrow, we'll see what kind of BS they'll spew at me. Then we'll see which service I keep.

Thanks again!

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to Rick5

MVM

to Rick5
said by Rick5:
said by buaku:

Will this cause my internet rate to go up since I will no longer be bundling services?
Yes, it will go up. I think it's 59.95 instead of 42.95. Someone can correct me on that if i'm wrong.

Also, you won't be on the 6000/384k plan. It will be 4000k instead I believe. Plus..on that tier, there is no powerboost.

It probably makes more sense to just downgrade your level of tv service to the basic one.
Some areas don't have the 4000 tier, so 6000 would still be the lowest tier after dropping cable tv.