spc
uniqs
patspub
join:2005-02-10
Philadelphia, PA

patspub to CableTool

to CableTool

Re: Any New Channels from Comcast

"cabletool" we need more channels like "Boomerang" or "fox Movie Channel" here in Philly? I assume you work for Comcast any word of this "OCAP" or any New Channels coming soon???

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by patspub:

"cabletool" we need more channels like "Boomerang" or "fox Movie Channel" here in Philly? I assume you work for Comcast any word of this "OCAP" or any New Channels coming soon???
In 2 weeks you will be coming here again asking the same stupid question. Comcast will let you know on your paper bill and by your messages that they send you on your receiver.
Man you are like a 10 year on Christmas eve asking is it Christmas yet.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to patspub

MVM

to patspub
patspub,

OCAP is supposidly rolled out in a lot of philly. Your not going to notice anything different. It's an application stack that will allow future services to run on the box. Older boxes like the DCT-2000 series I believe will run TVNAV - a lite version of OCAP if you will. Imagine it's like a PC and you install the sun java program. You really don't notice anything until you go to run java programs online. Same thing with the box. Your not going to notice a thing until they come out with some new applications for it.

As far as new channels such as Boomerang or Fox Movie Channel, Comcast doesn't give two sh1t's about them. They really could give a damn. I think its time to give up on those channels. Then if Comcast someday does add them, we'll be pleasantly surprised, instead of constantly disappointed by expecting them to be added.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

what about espnu? I want my espnu!!!! Comon comcast add ESPNU get with the program or at least drop music choice and add sirius or XM instead.
patspub
join:2005-02-10
Philadelphia, PA

patspub

This is exactly what I am talking about. Thank's "mikedz4 for speaking up. I want "ESPNU" also. There no reason why we don't have this channel and those music channels suck. I would like to to "Sirius" added also that is a "Comcast Dream"
Georgiaboy8
join:2005-06-25
Savannah, GA

Georgiaboy8 to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

what about espnu? I want my espnu!!!! Comon comcast add ESPNU get with the program or at least drop music choice and add sirius or XM instead.
I'd bet that Dish and Directv have some form of exclusivity rights to those channels. And even if they don't, I doubt "any" cable company would invest.