join:2003-08-04
Cleveland, OH

madirish

Premium Member

Sunbelt Personal Firewall 4.3.744

Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4.3.744.0 Readme File
03/16/2007
-----------------------------------------------------------

(c) 2005-2006 Sunbelt Software. All rights reserved.

This document provides late-breaking or other information that supplements
the Sunbelt Personal Firewall documentation.

--------
CONTENTS
--------

1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

2. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

3. ORDERING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT INFORMATION

4. KNOWN BUGS, LIMITATIONS, AND WORKAROUNDS

5. CHANGE LOG

----------------------
1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
----------------------
The Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall helps control how computers share information with
other computers through the Internet or a local network. It also protects computers from external
or internal attacks from other computers. The Personal Firewall is especially useful for laptop
computers since they are easier to compromise because of built-in wireless access.

-----------------------
2. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
-----------------------
* Operating System
o Windows XP Media Center Edition
o Windows XP Professional
o Windows XP Home
o Windows 2000 Professional

* Pentium 400 MHz or higher (Pentium III is the recommended minimum)
* 15 MB free disk space
* 64 MB memory
* 800 x 600 monitor resolution

Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4 does not run on the following operating systems:
* Windows NT
* Windows 2000 Server
* Windows 2003 Server
* Windows 95
* Windows 98 or Windows 98 SE (Second Edition)
* Windows ME
* Windows Vista
* 64 bit Versions of Windows

---------------------------------------------
3. ORDERING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT INFORMATION
---------------------------------------------
If you would like to order Personal Firewall visit the Sunbelt Software online shop
www.sunbelt-software.com ··· -Buy.cfm)

Voice: 1-888-NTUTILS (688-8457)
Technical Support: support@sunbelt-software.com
Knowledge Base:
»support.sunbelt-software ··· d_lvl1=3

-------------------------------------------
4. KNOWN BUGS, LIMITATIONS, AND WORKAROUNDS
-------------------------------------------
* When using a password to restrict access to the configuration console, you may encounter
some screen flicker if you cancel the password request dialog.

* There are known issues when using Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall and certain USB
wireless network cards that may cause General Protection Faults.

-------------
5. CHANGE LOG
-------------

* Corrected issue in which registration fails when firewall is enabled.
* Significant improvement in network performance when web filtering is enabled.
* Enhanced Process Injection prevention to prevent code inject attempts into Windows system DLLs.
* Corrected numerous application crashes in the firewall service.
* Corrected various crashes in assist.exe
* Corrected issue in which setting password and checking for update does not cancel authentication form.
* Corrected issue in which binary data appeared in logs.
* Significant improvement in product stability.

Installed over 4.3.635,rebooted.

Backed up current config file which is 685 kb to my I partion-but the backup config was only 652 kb.Imported this config -Kerio said ok and restarted-went to check my packet filter rules and Kerio shutdown and restarted.No internet worked at all.Again Kerio acted like I had no rules even though the imported config file was 652
madirish

1 edit

madirish

Premium Member

Click for full size
uninstalled Kerio rebooted.manually copied my good 685 kb file into Kerio file,installed 4.3.744)rebooted made no difference-Kerio crashed (after opening and clicking onadvanced packet filter rules),restarted and same problem....

the pic is of my good config file after rebooting Kerio and having it crash,restart and acting like I have no rules

even tried an older (by about 2 months)config file that was 690 kb with same results.Kerio only worked if I manually copied the cfg file and the cfg.bak
madirish

madirish

Premium Member

oh-this is what I get when I tried to import Kerio 2.1.5 config
madirish

madirish

Premium Member

4.3.745 does the same thing
Expand your moderator at work
rotterdarned
join:2007-04-18
New York, NY

rotterdarned to madirish

to madirish

Re: Sunbelt Personal Firewall 4.3.744

Unfortunately, I trialled the free Kerio P/F'wall and it came an inch away from blue screening my system to death the minute I'd installed it. Went back to free Zone Lab Firewall about two mos ago - had beta'd the security suite before released and used the paid version of the f'wall for years - and discovered some huge changes to their free f'wall since I'd last used their product a year and a half ago. The free f/w now does about 1/3 of the functions (none of the useful ones) that the paid does.

Not good news. Zone Labs has gotten a bit like a 14 y/o girl on the "tease" factor (my daughter was 15 years ago lol) - in plain lang, they're gotten like the rest..... "pay us the money for our real software, or caveat emptor with our crummy free stuff."

C'est la vie with the bottom line that IMHO there is no free firewall anymore that's any good. Me? I guess I gotta pay for the full suite (this time round from the only top quality outfit that supports Vista Ultimate - Kaspersky Labs). Tried they free month in January and it was brilliant.
Vaulden
join:2001-09-21
Rio Rancho, NM

Vaulden to madirish

to madirish
This is what I am currently using and it works fine for me. It was a long time before I upgraded from 2.15 and the only reason I did was a conflict between it and PerfectDisk. Had it not been for the BSODs it caused I'd still be using 2.15. I preferred it's interface and I don't use any of the new features in the current version.
JRMicide
join:2001-12-15
Youngstown, OH

JRMicide to rotterdarned

to rotterdarned
it's crazy I upgraded to the new free version of sunbelts firewall and I'm getting blue screens from some sys file for the firewall every time....... it doesn't remember any of my rules I set in it. It asks me every 2 sec if I want to allow the same connection even if I set it to remember the rule it still asks 1sec later. Enough to drive you nuts. Before I updated it worked fine. I set rules one time and they worked. This things just junk now if I cannot fine an old installer to get it again I'm going to have to find a new firewall.

madirish
Premium Member
join:2003-08-04
Cleveland, OH

madirish

Premium Member

try here for older versions:»www.filehippo.com/downlo ··· irewall/
JRMicide
join:2001-12-15
Youngstown, OH

JRMicide

funny thing is thats the exact spot I found it right after posting..... seems it's working better now. it's actually remembering the rules I set.