spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cogent
join:2000-08-02
Worcester, MA

cogent

I hate to complain...

I hate to complain... but, my connection has been down since Friday night (except for 5 hours today). It comes up for 10-20 seconds every 12 minutes--that's how I post stuff like this. (Man, do I miss the always-on connection!)

Initially it was thought the DSLAM card needed to be replaced at the CO. I think that was replaced today.

Connection down again at 7 PM tonight. (Why does it wait until after regular business hours?) Earlier today, Sam at Speakeasy thought the connection might be OK, until the outage tonight proved otherwise. Sam will learn of the outage tomorrow. In the meantime, I am at the mercy of something besides a bad DSLAM--like a bad loop (on the pole). This is what the pole looks like:
»burgwinkel.com/img/pole1.htm »burgwinkel.com/img/pole2.htm

The outage took my phone with it, too; I have VoIP.

I know I will probably find out all there is to know at noon Tuesday, but if anybody with access to the trouble ticket (read: Speakeasy staff) can help me understand what all the updates mean... (The Covad updates seem to be written in another language and translated by Google.) In fact as of now, the updates seem to be telling me that Speakeasy/Covad thinks the connection is OK. (!)

I'm feeling hopeless about where this problem is heading; I'm having nightmares about needing to get Verizon involved. And if that becomes necessary, this connection will be useless until April, I'm afraid. (I remember how long it took Verizon and how unhelpful they were when we were trying to get this connection up last year.)

Someone please give me hope. All I want is a stable connection.

It is trouble ticket 1677914.

I have Speakeasy account #232343.

Thanks.
surtin
join:2001-12-09
Chicago, IL

surtin

I've been having spotty service issues as well. One week it'd be fine, then all of a sudden without warning it's going up and down like a ship in some violent storm. I don't even dare do anything more important then watch a YouTube video these days.

It's been like this the better part of 2 months for me now. It's getting ridiculous.

Hope things end up getting better on your end though.

cogent
Worcester, MA

cogent

It seems I am going to have to confront the dreaded ILEC. It sounds like some cartoon monster. But it is worse. My ILEC is Verizon, and if you look at the photos I posted, that's how they treat leased copper.

They need a good spanking. They need to clean-up their act and do what is right and decent.

Do super-heroes feel discouraged like this?
cogent

cogent

Lawrence from hq.speakeasy.net, while responding to my outage, identified a couple bonuses which should have been included in my account when I started-up my current line, and he applied those bonuses to my current account.

He proactively identified those bonuses for me and got them started. Well, that's just very decent.

But he applied them retroactive to May, 2006. Well, that's just outright... holy.

It's not just about the cost, the bottom line. There's other things to consider, there always has been. But those things get precious little consideration these days because tragically, money is all that counts (or is counted). Money is not all there is. And I know there's other places that are cheaper. But I don't like the other places; I like Speakeasy.

Consider this my howling in the wilderness, and dismiss it if you don't understand.

I like Speakeasy.

PS: Connection was down this afternoon, but has been up tonight. Progress is being made. And it is probably not the haywire pole that is the problem. And there's 2 other customers who are suffering with the same intermittent DSLAM like me. God, I do so love company when I am suffering...
kingdomware
join:2000-09-23
Waldorf, MD

kingdomware to cogent

to cogent
Why hate to complain, it's YOUR money. If your not getting what you are paying for then you should make sure someone is getting a headache.

Unless you don't care about your money in that case I have a paypal account crying for free paper.

cogent
Worcester, MA

1 recommendation

cogent

"it's YOUR money."

True, and I certainly do care about it. Equating my willingness to pay more for Speakeasy with not caring about my money is precisely the misconception I addressed when I said,
It's not just about the cost, the bottom line. There's other things to consider, there always has been. But those things get precious little consideration these days because tragically, money is all that counts (or is counted). Money is not all there is.
And the reason I hate to complain is that making sure "someone is getting a headache" usually results in me getting one too.

Fortunately, this incident only required that I make the problem known; we never got to the complaining stage whereby one must repeat the problem over and over before it gets any attention. Speakeasy dealt with this outage promptly and thoroughly.

I suppose if I wanted to complain, I'd get Charter or Verizon.
TheDew
join:2007-03-31
Marietta, GA

TheDew

said by cogent:

And the reason I hate to complain is that making sure "someone is getting a headache" usually results in me getting one too.

LOL - how true that is.

Unfortunately our issue resolution experience has been rather opposite of yours likewise our experience with Lawrence, but you can read my other posts if you want to know more about that.