uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

With large increase in customers, complaints #'s reasonable

The deal increased their subscriber count from 350,000 to 1.9 million, which has had a very ugly impact on service quality in the city -- complaints tripling from a year earlier.
Doesn't sound so bad to me. The number of customers increases by 5.5 times, but the number of complaints only tripled.
--
--
My BLOG
My Web Page

yock
TFTC
Premium
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH
kudos:3

said by FFH:

The deal increased their subscriber count from 350,000 to 1.9 million, which has had a very ugly impact on service quality in the city -- complaints tripling from a year earlier.
Doesn't sound so bad to me. The number of customers increases by 5.5 times, but the number of complaints only tripled.
The article seems to imply that they didn't sufficiently increase their customer service staffing, if at all. Perhaps the number itself is outpaced by the increase in subscribers (an over 6-fold increase in customers versus a 3-fold increase in complaints) but indications are that Time Warner really could have done better.
--
Wiki Wiki
Laughter is the closest distance between two people. --Victor Borge

bcunningh

join:2005-04-01
Seattle, WA

Maybe they're talking about a 3-fold increase in the complaints-to-subscribers ratio but the article doesn't make that clear.

yock
TFTC
Premium
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH
kudos:3

said by bcunningh:

Maybe they're talking about a 3-fold increase in the complaints-to-subscribers ratio but the article doesn't make that clear.
Indeed, but that seems less likely. Such math would be disingenuous to not specify.
--
Wiki Wiki
Laughter is the closest distance between two people. --Victor Borge

JamesPC

join:2005-10-12
Orange, CA
reply to FFH

it was HORRIBLE!!!

glazenuts
Premium
join:2002-06-13
Culver City, CA

1 edit
reply to FFH

I live in Los Angeles, the f***ing entertainment capital of the the universe and Roadrunner is slower than the pony express. Sony pictures is 5min away. Online gaming is impossiable 24/7 and the techs lie to your face. I'm a tech and did the trouble shooting for them and these morons said they fixed the problem, They couldn't find their own butts using both hands and a flashlight. now it's twice as bad as was before. The only person that would make an asinine remark like yours is either an cable employee or stock holder. I had the last 2mos free and I'm still paying too much. I have ordered dsl which isn't too snappy either due the age of the phone wires in my neighborhood, even then it's better than cable.