Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Techie714

join:2005-08-02
Anaheim, CA

2 edits

TWC Sucks!

I'm doing fine now but about a month ago I was down with HSI & TV. It took me 3 calls & being on hold for over an hour to be told "Yes, we would be happy to send a technician to your home in FOUR BUSINESS DAYS!". So I was down for a week with no service & this is in Anaheim.....So far I'm not very happy. =(

FYI: TWC needs to HIRE MANY more technicians & better people.

DHRacer
Tech Monkey

join:2000-10-10
Lake Arrowhead, CA

1 recommendation

Keep this in mind: The only thing TWC did when they bought Adelphia/Comcast was change the logo and color of the shirts the employees wear and the names on the trucks.

It's still the same clueless idiots, just the company name is different.

And they haven't hired any new staff beyond the pre-existing Adelphia/Comcast employees they adopted. These new employees could at least train the adopted rejects on current concepts such as competency in the field they are employed in and customer service.

Ok, so I'm painting with a pretty broad brush. Maybe there might be some knowledgeable techs from Socal in these forums, but they weren't on the phones or in the field when I helped friends deal with Adelphia.

Most of my friends I got switched over to DSL when possible, not for the speed (which cable was better at sometimes), or the price (similar), but because it just worked better, and that's all they (my friends) really wanted.

--
"No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now, go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them." (R&D Supervisor, Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing /3M Corp.)

mdttb

join:2002-02-12
Anaheim, CA
reply to Techie714

Formely from Adelphia and in the Anaheim Area. I've had no issues since the transition from Adelphia to Time Warner.

Only bitch I have is the info commercials late at might they were bearable on Adelphia but now that TWC has the reins it's a fricking joke for us late night crowd just about every channel has them now.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
Premium,MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA
kudos:18

1 edit
reply to DHRacer

Swap out the names above and you will see what Comcast ALSO has to deal with every time they get some crap company's rejects.

Yes, even the Adelphia and TW clowns that were inherited.
Double edged sword here...

Oh, TW didn't buy anything from Comcast... it was a swap.
Comcast got a bunch of Adelphia *AND* TW trash in this deal too!

--
Think outside the Fox... Opera

oddlager

join:2001-11-16
Fullerton, CA
reply to mdttb

said by mdttb:

Only bitch I have is the info commercials late at might they were bearable on Adelphia but now that TWC has the reins it's a fricking joke for us late night crowd just about every channel has them now.
"The reins"? Hard to believe in 2007 there's still people who think the cable co has anything to do with the content on the channels.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to DHRacer

It's not all that simple.. Sorry. TWC is actually placing the system's HSI customers from adelphia AND Comcast onto THEIR network.. that causes problems. They also have to migrate video networks into their rhealm. Some channels have to go, some are added. There are realignments.. possibly some billing system changes.. rate changes which are handled by the billing system VAR. Telephone networks see changes.. and call centers are usually merged causing phone line issues into call centers.

There are alot more changes that go on more than just re-branding these days. Sometimes the local people don't quite understand fully what the HQ wants.. that, and sometimes people from other divisions come in to see these changes.

To be fair, there are quite a few places for things to go wrong. It sounds like TWC really did drop the ball on this one.
--
"Complaining is the least path of resistance for the self-reitchous and lazy ... those who also never take the time to point out a good fortune when the opportunity presents itself. It says a lot about one's moral character." - Unknown